Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Trouble with neck (mentions abuse)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

When I was abused, when he used to make threats, sometimes he pinned me by my neck, I think that's why I don't like anything touching it now. I can't itch my neck properly, If I'm lay down I panic if my hair is touching my neck, when my nephew is climbing he sometimes ends up leaning on my neck to help him which makes me panic and I have to sit him down.

This is a problem when it comes to washing. I have regular baths but I can not wash my neck, I hate any sort of pressure on it. I can just about put up with very gentle touching on my neck, but I only feel clean enough when I scrub, and I can't scrub my neck.

I don't know what to do, which doesn't involve going to the doctors or talking to a professional about this.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is there anyway you could start very gradually start with the very gentle touch and when you feel totally ok with that work towards doing something else a step on from that, maybe including heat as well, and a tingling sensation you get with tiger balm or something similar? It's not a quick process but I did something similar and I feel a lot better about it now.