Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feel Like My Heads Going To Explode...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, I'm in a really hyper mood at the moment (and have been for about a week) and I'm trying to cover it up at school and stuff because I don't want to deal with people and their reactions to it, so I try to push the hyperness (or sadness sometimes) away. I know I shouldn't really do this, but I'm scared of what people will think of me because I have really major mood swings.

However, my mood swings are getting worse and pushing them down so they don't show as much is getting harder. I get to the point where I feel like my heads going to explode. I really don't want people to notice because ever since they found out about my OCD they haven't shut up about it and I'm worried if they realise how frequently and extremely my mood changes, it will make it worse. People will start assuming I'm bipolar or something (which I wouldn't mind if I actually was, I just hate people assuming the wrong things about me and they do that all the time)

But I can't keep it hidden anymore, covering it up is just so hard

I don't even know what I'm expecting from this... I guess I just need support really... I can't take it anymore :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Hey Volcano1345,

Sorry to hear about this *hug*

I don't have much advice, I just wondered if you have seen this article on mood swings? It may be worth a look if not.

Are you able to realise if anything specific happens to make your mood change?

We're here to listen so do keep posting and let us know how you're getting on.
  • Options
    Thanks, it's just so hard, it messes with my concentration and everything and CAMHS isn't helping and the only reason I still go is because my mum has anxiety and it makes her feel better if I'm 'getting help' but it's pointless and it's only getting worse :(

I'm keeping a mood diary for CAMHS to try and find the triggers but it always happens randomly and I honestly can't see any, which really doesn't help

And I'm doing my GCSEs so I really need to concentrate on my work but I can't! I really try but I just can't! My head's either spinning or I'm too miserable to be bothered to do anything, so on my report it says that my effort needs improving but it's got nothing to do with my effort because I always try to do the work

Sorry, I started ranting again then...
    Thanks, it feels good that I can get it all out somewhere :)