Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Been really low and depressed due to shared house (it's long)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Home: when I been at home (shared house) I've been having problems with my money as Iam on the sick benefits at the moment with me being back and two to the hospital. I didn't get a questionnaire till after the new year (we all go away for Christmas and new year) so I got it late/ sent it back late. They stop my money beause on a desion making weather Iam able to get my money. I onley need to pay a little bit and going to be more to pay beause of the money been stop. Now I got no money I got no food in. I been told that they going to send me a letter to ask me to leave, beause I need to pay it. I spoken to my leaving care worker about it she said that she cont do nothing :( that really helps. I been also I been back and to to social about all my problams as the support workers dosnt bother with me they choose the others over me beause they need it more then I do. They say I shouldnt be there beause I can do my cooking, cleaning, shopping on my own. They don't bother asking me what I need support with or nothing. They say I dont spend enough time there they told me to be there at lest 3 days a week which Iam. Ive tryed telling them I do need time away from the house and to spend time with my famliey to as I don't live with my mum or dad. ( I live with with people that's older then me) they been letting me down when I ask to go to places that was inpartant.

I've been really depressed :( and really low and wanted to kill myself :crying: my lifes a mess and recked

Comments

• Options
    Ok - firstly you could see if theres a foodbank in your area so you could have some food in. Have you spoken to anyone at the citizen advice bureau? You may be able to get something like a crisis loan. Social services cant do anything to speed up the process with the DWP sorting out your claim for ESA but they should be able to lend you money for a short time so you can pay your rent and such. If you're still at college they have to support you until you're 18. They still have a duty of care to make sure you don't become homeless even if you're not in education until you're 18. If they arent supporting you properly the princes trust have help for care leavers, it might be helpful to get in Contact with them.
  • Options
    Ian not in collage or working am Ian I'll at the moment. Ian a care leaver now :(. I spoken to my leaving care worker she said don't worry :( thanks not helping they asking me to to move and I got no where eles to go so Ian going to end up on the streets. also she said she cont do nothin and she Ment to be there to support me with all this and she turnin me away i just hate my life it's really recked not worth living :( Ian far to depressed and I'll cont cope I just want to end my life
  • Options
    So sorry you are going through all this bubbley-Heather, and feeling so low *hug*

It's not easy to be in this situation, especially if no one seems very helpful. Is there anyone else you can turn to? If things are really bad in this shared house, is there anywhere else you can stay?

Contacting the citizen's advice bureau could be helpful in order to know what you are entitled to. Are there any other social workers you like there and that you feel could help understand you and your situation better?

Stay strong :heart: and keep us updated x
  • Options
    Thanks for ur reply. No point :( it's all gone wrong.

To late I want to kill myself cont stay strong no more to stressful and making me I'll more :(