Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

self-harm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i cut last night and this morning and i want to more i dont know why im down but am and really want to cut

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey WillowTree,

I've noticed you've started a few threads over a short period of time, and a lot of them surround the self harm area, maybe it's about taking a look over some of those threads, and taking on board what we've suggested, and acting upon the support we've suggested. I know texting Samaritans when you feel distressed, and have urges has been suggested in the past, have you given that ago?

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    i talk to childline and have got in contact with samaritans and i might have cut but to me they are all relapses and i am getting through day by day to sort my problems
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    willowtree wrote: »
    to me they are all relapses and i am getting through day by day to sort my problems

That's really positive to hear - what are some of your best distraction techniques?
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Distractions are good for avoiding SH :) and the good thing is there's loads out there! so you can always find new ones ... Like Drawing, painting, cleaning, homework (boring i know, but it works), Writing, dancing, cooking, running ... They all help :)

Toodles!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    i just tend to find something todo if i want to cut sometimes i cant but i normally play on my laptop and listen to music that i can relate to, or draw or make bracelets or something creative