Home Sex & Relationships
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here

Is this why I don't get dates?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think it's because I don't have the same standard knowledge all others have/got.

And by me getting it, it irks others, but I don't care since I live my life for me and don't have to consider others unless I hurt them (and IMO this doesn't hurt them). It's like I remember at school that people used to say I "acted hard" when the norm was/is that it's everybody's right, so yeah I find it funny that I anger people over nothing haha!

I think as an example, everybody learnt that morals are subjective at an early age (like 11 or 12) and I only learnt when I was 28, but with every crisis is an opportunity so I'm getting what others go. I think another thing is (arguably the major thing) is that most people in the world believe in fate and they hold rights from God to do/have stuff, but I don't so I don't see why their morals are better than mine (or in fairness mine theirs).

So once I get standard knowledge, I get dates and normality. :d

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There is no standard set of dating rules. Period. Its about personalities and life experience, the only way to learn is it to jump in feet first and learn from life itself.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    iv been posting on this forum for over ten years and I swear iv seen the same post again and again at least once a year in various names. somebody going on about 'standard knowledge' and if you try and tell them there's no standard knowledge, they won't have it. maybe it's time to get professional help?!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    iv been posting on this forum for over ten years and I swear iv seen the same post again and again at least once a year in various names. somebody going on about 'standard knowledge' and if you try and tell them there's no standard knowledge, they won't have it. maybe it's time to get professional help?!


    lulz... so persistence is wrong?

    I usually have good and even uncanny suspicions, I reckon it's because you feel threatened that others are seeking what you take as exclusive. I wasn't raised to think that, and I personally don't agree with your morals or care who has/does what. I can strongly sense, in your case at the least but I presume others here also, that is the truth.

    I say it's a fact there is common knowledge, if others get "offended" at me simply living per goals (yay, evil human traits!!) so be it, they need to upgrade to the real world.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    There is no standard set of dating rules. Period. Its about personalities and life experience, the only way to learn is it to jump in feet first and learn from life itself.

    I don't believe this, but OK.
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Noob Posts: 876
    Ohh standard knowledge guy... Such fun
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    danston wrote: »
    lulz... so persistence is wrong?

    I usually have good and even uncanny suspicions, I reckon it's because you feel threatened that others are seeking what you take as exclusive. I wasn't raised to think that, and I personally don't agree with your morals or care who has/does what. I can strongly sense, in your case at the least but I presume others here also, that is the truth.

    I say it's a fact there is common knowledge, if others get "offended" at me simply living per goals (yay, evil human traits!!) so be it, they need to upgrade to the real world.

    Do you have this kind of conversation with your [potential] dates?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    danston wrote: »
    lulz... so persistence is wrong?

    I usually have good and even uncanny suspicions, I reckon it's because you feel threatened that others are seeking what you take as exclusive. I wasn't raised to think that, and I personally don't agree with your morals or care who has/does what. I can strongly sense, in your case at the least but I presume others here also, that is the truth.

    I say it's a fact there is common knowledge, if others get "offended" at me simply living per goals (yay, evil human traits!!) so be it, they need to upgrade to the real world.

    this makes no actual sense to me.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All I am saying is that I simply want what the masses have, and if people are offended at me having that, so be it. I don't give a shit nor need to.

    Does others thinking differently from you offend you? Does it need to? I don't believe in fate as you do, and IMO it's largely weak people who do so.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Mist wrote: »
    Do you have this kind of conversation with your [potential] dates?

    No, but I sense what I say is the truth. I don't see why I can't get what I want bar some fatalistic nonsense.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    danston wrote: »
    Does others thinking differently from you offend you?
    So you accept your mind works differently than others'? Good.
    All this knowledge you say you're lacking, other people didn't get it because they were told. They got it on their own, because of the way their minds work. They simply realised some things based on events that happen in their lives.
    The same things probably have happened to you too (since we all live in the same world) but because your mind works differently, you didn't realise the same things others do.
    Unfortunately, as most people get this knowledge on their own I don't know of any place where it's written down. I do believe some people may be able to tell you the basics and perhaps help you get the rest yourself, but you won't find them on this website. Those people need to have studied this subject. You need help from professionals. Doctors who deal with mental health (which includes the way people's minds work) are a good place to start.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So you accept your mind works differently than others'? Good.
    All this knowledge you say you're lacking, other people didn't get it because they were told. They got it on their own, because of the way their minds work. They simply realised some things based on events that happen in their lives.
    The same things probably have happened to you too (since we all live in the same world) but because your mind works differently, you didn't realise the same things others do.
    Unfortunately, as most people get this knowledge on their own I don't know of any place where it's written down. I do believe some people may be able to tell you the basics and perhaps help you get the rest yourself, but you won't find them on this website. Those people need to have studied this subject. You need help from professionals. Doctors who deal with mental health (which includes the way people's minds work) are a good place to start.

    er.. no, I don't believe that, I believe people are told. I also strongly suspect others are offended because I'm improving myself and they can't take it lol... And mental health? I have no mental health issue at all, it's only guesswork and not a true science and I have no condition in the DSM V.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    Does it not follow logically that different thought processes lead to different results from the same stimuli?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I personally don't believe in logic. But then I don't care, people can get offended for all I care, people do their own thing in life. :d To me that is not logical. I think you're offended because I don't endorse fate, but yes, holding opinions is evil, right?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    No offence taken. Fate, in the sense of things that "have" to happen, is nonsense.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    iv been posting on this forum for over ten years and I swear iv seen the same post again and again at least once a year in various names. somebody going on about 'standard knowledge' and if you try and tell them there's no standard knowledge, they won't have it. maybe it's time to get professional help?!
    :yes:
  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    Hey Danston,

    Indrid has basically hit the nail on the head in this thread - having knowledge is all about how someone's mind works and responds to stimuli. It's good to hear you may have made some progress with this.

    In terms of fate - like Indrid, lots of people believe it to be nonsense and it's best if you don't assume that you're the only one who doesn't believe in it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    iv been posting on this forum for over ten years and I swear iv seen the same post again and again at least once a year in various names. somebody going on about 'standard knowledge' and if you try and tell them there's no standard knowledge, they won't have it. maybe it's time to get professional help?!

    It's the single least inventive way to troll. Pick any message board and you'll find a thread exactly like this.

    They must get a kick out of it because they do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    The desperate 'have I offended you, please tell me that I offended you' stuff is new though. Someone is feeling insecure about their trolling abilities.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Infinite. wrote: »
    It's the single least inventive way to troll. Pick any message board and you'll find a thread exactly like this.

    They must get a kick out of it because they do it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

    The desperate 'have I offended you, please tell me that I offended you' stuff is new though. Someone is feeling insecure about their trolling abilities.

    lol... I know you're offended. And do I have to care if you are? if you feel threatened that somebody is moving onto your "territory" than you clearly are insecure, as nobody has to care nor give a crap about your "territory". Funny how you claim you're so wise, yet don't know human conduct... Sorry, but if all others hold standard knowledge and use it to prosper, then so can I. others being offended is immaterial, let them live their own lives... given how you and most others think, I know my suspicion is dead on, they mostly are..

    And frankly you ARE offended since you're so irked over what some stranger says online, but yeah protect your fatalistic territory hahah..
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **helen** wrote: »
    Hey Danston,

    Indrid has basically hit the nail on the head in this thread - having knowledge is all about how someone's mind works and responds to stimuli. It's good to hear you may have made some progress with this.

    In terms of fate - like Indrid, lots of people believe it to be nonsense and it's best if you don't assume that you're the only one who doesn't believe in it.

    I ask a lot since all others have it, so can I. it's how all others get by, so can I. I don't get why it's wrong to seek means to improve one's life, no different IMO to losing weight, studying harder, etc. it's about growth, which is life as a human.

    the only logical reason why people deny me is because they feel threatened and insecure, but I don't need them to care what they do since i don't agree with their value system/morality (,i.e. fate and thinking the universe owes them things). It's people "offended" that I'll get lots of friends and sex and stuff, but so what? I do as I please, I only concern myself with what I or others who I care about do, maybe people need to follow my example. ;)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    danston wrote: »
    And frankly you ARE offended since you're so irked over what some stranger says online

    Awww, buddy! It's ok! There are new message boards popping up every day that haven't seen the phrase 'normal knowledge'. Don't get upset just because you struck out here. There's a big world out there of people who won't immediately see through your posts.

    Good luck!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Infinite. wrote: »
    Awww, buddy! It's ok! There are new message boards popping up every day that haven't seen the phrase 'normal knowledge'. Don't get upset just because you struck out here. There's a big world out there of people who won't immediately see through your posts.


    Good luck!

    lulz.. whatever mate. get offended, why exactly should you care what others do? lol.. Perhaps you need to be in a mental institution.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    danston wrote: »
    lulz.. whatever mate. get offended, why exactly should you care what others do? lol.. Perhaps you need to be in a mental institution.

    Kindly fuck off.

    Regardless of whether you are a troll or not, that kind of comment is not welcome here.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol..

    OK, so normal people care what others do? normal people DON'T only concern themselves with their own lives :yes:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    "Normal" people (and by that I mean the majority) primarily concern themselves with their own lives. Most are willing to go out of the way for others, and the amount of how out of their way that is depends on a lot of factors such as their own personality, who the others are, what's going on in both their lives at the moment and other things.
  • **helen****helen** Mod malarkist Posts: 9,235 Listening Ear
    Infinite, your response to this surprises me a little, I'm not convinced Urban dictionary is the authority in this instance. Danston clearly has a form of autism and you're reducing him to a troll? I guess it's easy to do that.

    I'm going to close his account and this thread because as before, it's clear TheSite isn't the best place for him to be able to make any progress.
This discussion has been closed.