Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is the key in life to be flippant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm learning why I have had no dates. So is the key of life to be flippant and not care what you do?

I ask this since it seems many people say things without meaning it, and just do as they please/want, and don't hold to anything. If everybody else acts this way, then it must be normal.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, before you start acting flippantly about things, a lot of people you've described are just cunts.

I'm struggling to find the words to describe it, there is a difference in being flippant and not giving a fuck. If you're on a date and you're flippant, you probably won't see that girl again. If you're on a date and act like you don't give a fuck, not about her but about your long term future and the prospect of dying alone, then you will come across as more confident.

ie, if you sit there and act like a desperate loser you will appear to be one. If you act like you're having a good time and "so what if it doesn't go anywhere tonight at least we had a laugh" you will find yourself having a better time and will appear to be as well. Does that make sense?
    It's the whole confidence-thread all over again.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    No, before you start acting flippantly about things, a lot of people you've described are just cunts.

I'm struggling to find the words to describe it, there is a difference in being flippant and not giving a fuck. If you're on a date and you're flippant, you probably won't see that girl again. If you're on a date and act like you don't give a fuck, not about her but about your long term future and the prospect of dying alone, then you will come across as more confident.

ie, if you sit there and act like a desperate loser you will appear to be one. If you act like you're having a good time and "so what if it doesn't go anywhere tonight at least we had a laugh" you will find yourself having a better time and will appear to be as well. Does that make sense?

No. What I mean is that everybody acts flippantly and it gets them dates. I just want that higher knowledge to get dates.
    Ok, in my experience if a guy is flippant I want nothing more to do with him because he's coming across as a bit of a player. There is a delicate balance between coming across like a player and a loser. A girl wants to be made to feel special - like you want her, but not like you need her for your own emotional wellbeing. Does that make sense?