Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Coming off a Section/Psych appointment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I came off my section thinking that I'd have that support I was told I'll have when I was in the psych ward.

Turned out to be more of stress then anything!

I had to make an official complaint about my care-coordinator. The Home Treatment Team never bothered to come or even contact me, and now it's like I have nothing.

The Deputy Manager at the MH Team, has sorted me out 4 weekly appointments from tomorrow until 11th Feb. I guess it's better than nothing?

But, I have an appointment with my Psych on the 7th, and he knows I hate him, and everyone knows how much he winds me up - more or less more because I wouldn't have been sectioned if he done his job properly.

I don't see a point attending... it will be a 30 min walk there, stay for 5 mins, get pissed off and wanna throw a chair at him and walk home again. I just don't see the point in getting myself agitated...

I know tomorrow I'm gonna open up and tell the duty officer everything (if it's Claire even better!) but it's hard, I don't know what to do, and I don't know why there's a point doing it... I just guess I'm asking, what would you do in my situation where you feel you have no one?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Sophiepea,

I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel that you are getting the support that you want now that you are out of hospital *hug* What exactly is it that you felt you were getting in the hospital that you are not getting now?

What is it about your psychiatrist that annoys you?

The 4 weekly appointments is progress and a good start, I know it was you who had to push for this to happen and it must be frustrating but at least you have got somewhere with it, which you should be proud of.

I would suggest you to take the support on offer as it will be better than trying to deal with things alone and it's a step forward but will also keep you in their minds so hopefully this stress and frustration doesn't happen again.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow :heart:

purple_rain
    I had someone to talk to in hospital, I don't know - I was able to chat to the other patients as well, and they where my reason to carry on fighting.

My psych is just a dickhead, basically. He can't don his job properly - he purposely irritates me, and tells everyone that I hate him and don't talk to him. He thinks he's sooooo good at his job, yet he can't do a simple task of faxing my GP about my increase of medication.

I'm going to ask about going into hospital when I go later today - I don't know what way it will go but it's better than nout.

Thank you for your reply, purple-rain :heart:
    Hmm, it sounds like you and this psych haven't had a good start :( The things is, the more you can work on your relationship with him the better if he's the person you've got to see for the time being, so it might be worth giving things a go and explaining to him just what has upset you. e.g

"It really annoyed me that you didn't send that fax and made me feel..."

And/or

"I feel like you try to irritate me on purpose when you...and that make me feel like this..."

The better you understand each other the easier things might get? Although, I appreciate that this wont be easy! Perhaps it's about maybe saying to yourself, how can I change my situation or make it better? Taking a bit of control over things in a sense? You've actually posted here looking to do just that I think by explaining things and asking for suggestions :thumb:

It's really hard when the support on offer doesn't feel like what you want or need but I guess at this stage it's worth working as best you can with what you do have?

You mentioned that you planned to open up to the duty officer today - loads of luck with it and let us know how things are going. As purple_rain says, those 4 weekly appointments are a great start so well done for perservering *hug*
    He knows what upsets me. He's made me more frustrated with him when he's said ''your hallucinations (visual and auditory) will just past'' I've nearly had them a year and they're just getting worst!

He sits there and it's like he's just laughing at me, so I don't see a point going to an appointment where I'll work myself up and feel horrific when I come out. And he's male so it's more difficult when he treats me like he does to trust him because of past issues. He's childish!

Yeah sat telling myself I should really start to get dressed etc. But it's not working! *hug*
    Seems like you feel he's really not listening to you :( that must be horrible. Being told that things will pass can sometimes help you to feel hopeful but it can also feel dismissive of what you're going through I imagine?

Would you prefer speaking to a woman then? It should be possible to get a referral for that reason if you feel it's really not going to work with him. Trust is so important with anything like this so unless you think there's any chance of building that with him then perhaps go along to ask about your options and explain why you feel it's not going to work?

Is there someone you feel you could talk it through with? The duty officer you mentioned maybe?

*hug*
    The woman I saw before and popped her bun out of the oven, so won't be able to see her for a while, and apparently I'm not actually allowed to see anyone else :/ feels like I've been dealt the shit hand of cards again.

It's bad enough I've already had to make one complaint, I can't be bothered to complain about him as well, but he's pulling my strings!

Gonna talk to the duty officer in a sec, hopefully it's woman or I'm going home. :heart:
    They told me I should "get a life" okay, officially giving up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you called PALS? This is just awful, you are entitled to a second opinion you are entitled to continuing treatment. Please don't give up but call PALS in the morning and go from there.
    I've been tempted. But I'm so drained from making complaints, it's just not getting anywhere and it's going to cause so much stress, and I can't handle how I feel atm.
    Have you been able to find anywhere near you that can help you with advocacy? So they can take up your case for you?
    Nope:/ figured out they lied to me again! I give up. Really, I shouldn't even be alive if I'm that worthless!

Did you ask about hospital?
    Clearly not. She didn't give a shit about me being suicidal. She didn't care. None of them do!

The staff in the hospital cared, and cleary people care or you wouldn't have ended up there.
    Whatever. Not arguing with you.

Probably will end up happening again. But seeing as I told her I was suicidal and thinking about it and she told me to "get a life" I don't see how I'm supposed to tell her I want inpatient.

I'll see next week if they're as rude as her.

All I do is keep trying. I try to talk to people. I try to contact people. They never contact me back. They don't care. They lie to me!

Saying it will 'probably end up happening again' is really worrying, do you not understand?

You need to keep pushing for that support, really push for it, because who knows what could happen and when? Playing the waiting game isn't going to get you anywhere.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sending you hugs Sophie. You know where I am if you need a chat or a rant or whatevers. <3

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    No point pushing for support when you're not listened too.

Thank you, Claire, means a lot :)

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Sophie, whether you wanted to stay in the hospital or not, was really your choice (And partly the mental health teams) I'm sorry to hear about how overwhelming things are at the moment, it sounds like the support is being rather challenging to actually stick to their boundaries, did a care team visit in the end?

Remember, were always here for you, but you have to make the positive changes to wanting to recover! :heart:
    If I call the old advocacy service I used in London who helped me and they have a similar service near you (message me because I'm not sure if I remembered right) would that help? Have you thought about finding a crisis hostel for suicidal people? I went to an amazing one in London and it literally saved my life. I could do the research if you are interested in finding one
    Hey both,

I'm going to close this thread for now as it seems like you could both do with a bit of a breather. It's difficult when you feel that you're in the right and someone else just can't see it - and it feels a bit like that's a position both of you are in right now and rubbing each other up the wrong way. It's especially hard when you're feeling emotional and struggling anyway but this kind of back and forth isn't going to resolve anything or make either of you feel better.

If you can, try and step away and take a bit of time out now. You're both good at giving support to others and helping other people on the boards, so try and apply the sort of advice you'd give to others who were arguing on a thread to yourselves. I know it's hard but imagine what someone coming to TheSite would think of finding threads full of arguing.

Remember, you can always block/ignore people on the boards and in chat and - if you have worries or concerns about peoples behaviour or how they are treating you, best thing is to contact Jo, Helen or JPick.

Thanks both,

Fostress
This discussion has been closed.