Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Refworks issues!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Half tech/half student issue!

I cannot get the refworks plugin to install on my mac (plugin for firefox). It seems to be a .xpi file which i haven't got anything to open it with and it does seem to have its own installer.

Helps!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    RefWorks Support

Hi Miss_Riot,

I work on the support team for RefWorks and stumbled upon your post. The Firefox plug in that you are trying to install has been replaced with a bookmarklet that works much better. To install this tool rather than the other, log into your RefWorks account, go to the Tools Menu, then select RefGrab-it link and drag it to your Firefox Toolbar. You will be ready to go. If you have issue with this, you can manually install the bookmarklet by using these instructions:

Firefox Users

1.Enable the Links toolbar in Firefox by selecting the View menu option, then Toolbars. Click on Bookmarks Toolbar. A checkmark will appear next to Bookmarks Toolbar indicating that this feature is active. The Bookmarks toolbar should now be visible.

2.Right-click on this RefGrab-It bookmarklet link. A menu will appear.

3.Click on Bookmark This Link.

4.The Add Bookmark box opens and RefGrab-It should appear in the name box. Click the Create-In drop-down to expand the list. Click on Bookmarks Toolbar. A RefGrab-It button will appear in your Bookmarks area of the Firefox toolbar.

If you have any further issues please write us at refworks.support@proquest.com and we would be more than glad to help.

Christine

Christine Capen, Technical Services
    ProQuest | 1155 West 4th Avenue, Suite 212 | Reno, NV 89503 USA | +1.775.327.4105
    www.refworks-cos.com

ProQuest… Start here. 2013 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator