Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Trade Union For Night Club

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been working in a Night Club for nearly 6 months as a Glass Collector.
I have been unhappy with a few things that seems to be just building up and have been considering in getting involved with a Union as I believe that is my only option to help me know what my rights are.

Though I am unsure, what Union to join, how to go about it and whether I need a percentage of staff to join with me?!

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated as I'm a little bit dense about all this. :blush:

Thank You :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you want advice, you don't need to be a member of a union. ACAS will do.

TBH, it's not worth joining a union for something like that. VGiven teh membership costs, it's really not.

Ring ACAS and find out your rights.
    Kermit wrote:

Ring ACAS and find out your rights.

Will do. Cheers. :)
    Ooh, so sad I think it's too difficult for girls who work in clubs especially in night clubs.......
    I suggest you if you don't feel comfortable you should quit there it better for you dear...........
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Kallis000,

Welcome to TheSite boards!
    Generally, we try to avoid posting in old, inactive threads. This thread is 9 years old, so I'm going to close it now.
    If you need a hand finding your way around, have a look at the 'Start Here' section :)

JPick (mod)
This discussion has been closed.