Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can't get over my ex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm finding it really hard to move on from my previous partner. She was the best looking, best in bed, and I had more in common with her than any of my other partners. I fell for her really fast and since she left me in November I've thought about her each day. We were only together a few weeks that's the weird thing, but there's no escaping her like on Facebook I have her and we share loads of friends and stuff everything reminds me of her. My friends advised me to get someone else as its best way to get over someone but every girl I talk to I compare to my ex who was much better in every way. It's really ripping me apart I just don't know what to do. :(

Any advice would be much appreciated

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Theladwithnoname,

First, I want to offer you a hug *hug*

November wasn't long ago at all so try not to force yourself to 'get over her'. I wouldn't listen to your friends, getting someone else is definitely not the best way to get over your ex and, if anything, it will make you feel worse if you're not ready. I'm going on personal experience here.

I recommend the Ask Thesite service. You can ask any question you want, it can be as long as you want it to be, and it's completely confidential. You'll get an answer in a couple of days, after you submit your question.

I know how hard it is getting over an ex so I don't have much useful advice, you need to do what feel right for you though. It can take a while to get over your ex so don't rush anything. Let yourself go through the emotions you are feeling and take as much time as you need.

Keep us posted, we're here for you.