Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do you reckon people lie to you a lot?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I find many people lie to me a lot.

Kind of like:

- There are no common morals in UK society, or common standards of behaviour
- People are not atheist in the UK
- Nobody goes partying/clubbing
- It is not normal to take drugs, and taking drugs is a mental illness
- People are always friendly and those who aren't get scolded/excluded

er... why? :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People lie to you, or are you just saying you think people generally lie about these things?

What? I disagree with all of those ^^
    People lie to you, or are you just saying you think people generally lie about these things?

What? I disagree with all of those ^^

No, I think people lie to me out of spite. And I'm just interested to know why.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm sorry to hear you're being fed false information, but without doubt, you're old enough to know the truth around these, and if you don't you can always go out and explore it. Whose lying to you? Often if its your parents they are probaberbly just trying to keep you safe. However, I would say their was a lot of social stigma on how we act and behave, and it can however vary to becoming less leniant with friends.

There are atheist's in the UK, without doubt, thinking otherwise is just strange, whatever other people say.

People do go partying and clubbing, have you never crossed a pub at night?

Taking drugs isn't a mental illness, however, can effect your mental health depending on how much you induce.

People who aren't friendly don't get scolded or excluded, depending on the enviroement in, if in a class room, probaberbly told off and that's it really.

Can I ask, how old you are?

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    **Angel** wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear you're being fed false information, but without doubt, you're old enough to know the truth around these, and if you don't you can always go out and explore it. Whose lying to you? Often if its your parents they are probaberbly just trying to keep you safe. However, I would say their was a lot of social stigma on how we act and behave, and it can however vary to becoming less leniant with friends.

There are atheist's in the UK, without doubt, thinking otherwise is just strange, whatever other people say.

Taking drugs isn't a mental illness, however, can effect your mental health depending on how much you induce.

People who aren't friendly don't get scolded or excluded, depending on the enviroement in, if in a class room, probaberbly told off and that's it really.

Best wishes,
    Angel

Really thoughtful, well worded reply. Will be interesting to see the response to this... :)

Best wishes,
    Angel

It sounds weird and stupid, but I am 34, but it's been happening all of my life.
    People lie to me in my line of work all the time, the only thing I take personally is that they must think I'm an idiot and it's quite insulting.