Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mania (mentions s.h.)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have lost so many friends and partners to my disorder.
I hear voices and they are NOT AT ALL kind.
I want this to end. I hate it. I'm sick of blacking out and waking up the next day to find that I've been destroying the room, biting, scratching, punching, etc.

I'm lost.

The voices that I hear control absolutely everything I do. I am an emotional wreck. I can go from bright and bubbly to a crying, angry mess in the blink of an eye. My partner says he doesn't know if he can deal with it anymore.

I have tried to kill myself over and over and over.

At the moment, I feel absolutely hopeless.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you are struggling. Do you have any mental health support in place at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not anymore. I take my meds, but that's about it. I don't really leave the house n__n
    Could you contact your gp it support that you used to have? If you feel you need it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey AsylumBaby,

I'm sorry to hear about the struggles you're going through at the moment, it sounds like both, yourself and your partner are struggling to deal with this, and it's not uncommon, have you checked out the Madly in Love, site, it's another site supported by youthnet, that links Mental health with relationships, and has a variety of useful articles you could both check out.

Is the medication you're currently on helping? Do you get regular checks to see how the medication is going? It sounds as though things are quite manic at the moment, but you've taken a positive step by reaching out for support on here, have you considered returning back to your GP and seeking help again? Expressing the voices, and episodes are still going on, and how you're struggling at the moment?

If you are hitting a crisis point however, (when you're feeling suicidal) or have strong urges, you could always reach out to A&E, do you have a crisis team you can contact for support? You can often get your crisis support linked with A&E, if you were up to visiting them.

Often it helps just having a listening ear, and someone to talk to, have you even considered contacting Samaritans about what's going on for you at the moment, they have normal minute rates, however offer confidential support, and are an amazing listening service.

Look after yourself,
    Best wishes,
    Angel