Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

paranoid about headaches since my stroke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since my stoke I am paranoid every time I get a headache but I really hate doctors and hospitals with anything to do with it. With both my strokes the headache was in the same place which was on my right side just above my forehead and along with it I felt really sick and unwell.

This morning I have woken up with a really sharp pain at the back of my head on my left side almost where my neck starts. I am really scared that it is something else as painkillers haven't eased it and I feel sick with it too. I know I should probably get it checked out but I really don't want to as the thought terrifies me. I don't know what to do

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey lovely,

I don't think there's anything else you can do, you really need to go and see you gp about this and get checked out. Try not to worry too much until you know for difinite.

Could it be a side affect of any of the meds you're taking?

*hug* :heart:

I love your new avatar by the way :yes:
    I don't think its a side effect as I've been on the meds for a while now. The only thing is I reduced one down last night but only by 10mg so it shouldn't have made such a difference but who knows.

I'm going to see how it goes today as I have a gym/physio appointment later. I just feel a bit under the weather so hopefully its nothing. I spend far to much at the GP so they will just think I am attention seeking or something.
    Hey m'deary :)

How is this going? Have you had anymore headaches since?

*hug*