Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
why is it that pills hardly work and you tend not to take them well i sort of take mine but whats the point i cant think properly when i take them and the thoughts of dieing can get really bad. my family dont know but my mum has just found out that i cut and i didnt even tell her the last time she found out the next days after she was saying was i alright all the time how can i get over knowing that she knows .whats the best way to cover up the scars. got any thoughts on what i could say if someone askes me about my arm and the scars some i cant make up for.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi willow tree,

Have you heard of skin camofloage service they can make your skin tone?! I think it's Red Cross that have clinics in various places.

Could you speak to your dr about the tablets you take it could be that they aren't righty for you and there may be a better suited one sometimes it can take a while to find the right ones. Also if you aren't taking them correctly can have a great impact on how they work.

Worth seeking medical advice regarding medication they are best :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pills

i might go to the gp but i dont know what she will say i might be put on stronger meds in that case maybe not a good idea but now i have pills at home when i do get really annoyed i take like 3or 4 not the right amount i just want the pain togo.
    It's worth going to the gp maybe explaining how you feel on the meds and if you feel they aren't working? How long have you been on them for?

Have you any counselling or support?

pills

ive been on them for 6 months around and im seeing a bereavment counsellor but that it to help me cope with the loss of my nan when she died last year
    It could be worth erring a review of your medication, has your sessions got more difficult recently at all? As that could contribute to your current feelings and may need a increase in medication however I'm not a medial expert so you would be best arranging an appointment with your gp. Perhaps you could talk to your counsellor?

i suppose and yes she has started bringing up my nan and talking about my self harm and that and maybe going to see the gp might help thanks
    Would be worth seeing your gp as the difficulties in sessions could be contributing to how you feel which is understandable

why

yeah i suppose sometimes i think mabe i would be better of dead sometimes why bother with the meds im mental any way
    It sounds like you're finding things hard atm definitely worth seeking further support regarding your feelings of being better off dead. If you find you're going to act on these throughts visit a&e or contact a helpline such as Samaritans :)

No one is mental :)

it is hard and im every where ive been called mental and insane so whats going on i just think that and i dont know if i could every go on the thoughts they are so planned out in my head with other stuff like not being a good friend or its always my fault
    It's definitely worth speaking to a professional about your feelings, there are a lot of support out there sometimes it's hard to come by.

yeah i suppose