Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

declaring myself homeless & supportive housing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It has been reccomended to me by my psych nurse and the head of support at college that I declare myself homeless. I would then be put on the waiting list for supportive housing. I just wanted to hear some experiences of this process, and what it is like to live in supportive housing? Thanks :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've been on the housing list as homeless and been in supportive living - but that was after leaving care.

Supportive living was great - it was a small place with 10 people max. I shared with 3 to start with and then had my own flat as I progressed. It was great as I had the support that I needed but otherwise they left me to it - but there was strict no drugs or alcohol rules. After I was 18 I did break it a little as I would occasionally have a small bottle of cider if I was staying in on a Friday night.

Being on the housing list wasn't easy - I started out having to go to a few interviews, and prove stuff with paperwork (I was being evicted so it's a slightly different story). After my eviction date, I was provided with somewhere to stay, which wasn't great but it was warm and dry and safe.

I know it's a slightly different story but I hope it gives you a bit of an insight.