Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Very confused

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
so my boyfriend and I had been going out for about 2 and a bit months everything was going great untill a few weeks ago. He sent me a text saying that I had suddenly got very serious about the relationship and that it was just a bit of fun and it wasn't the best time for him to get into something so he wanted to back off and stop seeing each other. I was obviously was very confused by this as why would you start a relationship if you didn't want one but I thought maybe he is just scared by it so I let him have a few weeks of space to see if he just needed time to think about everything. so a few weeks went past and I sent a message saying that I still really like him and that I want to have a go at this relationship. During the space I realised that I really really like him so made it worse when I didn't get a reply but then a day later he deleted me from facebook and other sites we were friends on so now I'm even more confused about what I should do Should I keep trying to talk even if I have to make him talk to me in person or should I just let it go?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi alexwin, welcome to Thesite boards :)

It's totally understandable that you feel quite confused over this.

Unfortunately, I think you need to try and 'let it go'. It doesn't sound like a nice situation to be in, and I don't agree with what he has done, but it's clear that he doesn't want a relationship with you and I think if you keep trying you're just going to make it worse.

I hope you're as okay as you can be *hug*
    I know that your right and all of my friends say the same thing and I guess this is the last stage of actually letting him go I just can't accept that the person I knew can really act the way he has when it doesn't make sense! He is the person that would help his worst enemy if they needed it and for him to hurt me this way is so out of character I just feel like if I could only talk to him face to face he would act different like he is just hiding behind a screen because its easier to get rid of than a real person. It doesn't help that its my personality to annoy someone a lot if I think they need my help to deal with something even if they don't want it but I guess I just need to vent my anger out about it all. Its the fact of not having it done face to face and getting any actual proper reason for it that really bugs me all I want is him to just say why he did it and then I can move on or you know punch him in the face :P lol but do I want to 10 years down the line say to myself that you didn't do enough to sort it all out if he could be the one? :banghead:
    I know what you mean, about not understanding how someone you thought you knew so well can hurt you for no reason *hug*

It must be hard for you, and the fact he has done it this way and not given you a proper reason. I think he definitely should have spoken to you about this face to face, especially as you were together for two months.

I think if he was 'the one' then you would know, and he would know, and I don't think it would have ended like this. I think ten years down the line you will have had a few more relationships, you may even meet someone you like a lot more, who knows? Try not to focus too much on this relationship though, you've got your whole life, and you can get through this.
    Let it go. I think it is quite self-explanatory if someone does not respond and deleted you on everything. He probably found someone else and did not want to be upfront about it. In any case, it's over.
    alexwin wrote: »
    He is the person that would help his worst enemy if they needed it and for him to hurt me this way is so out of character I just feel like if I could only talk to him face to face he would act different like he is just hiding behind a screen because its easier to get rid of than a real person. It doesn't help that its my personality to annoy someone a lot if I think they need my help to deal with something even if they don't want it but I guess I just need to vent my anger out about it all. Its the fact of not having it done face to face and getting any actual proper reason for it that really bugs me all I want is him to just say why he did it and then I can move on or you know punch him in the face :P lol but do I want to 10 years down the line say to myself that you didn't do enough to sort it all out if he could be the one? :banghead:

You went out for 2 months and very not very close to each other. Let's not pretend you know him so inside out, especially not if he does not give you an explanation but just left you hang to dry.

You won't ask yourself all those question a couple weeks/months down the line. If he is "the one"? You kinda went out for a short period of time and then he just ditched you and blocked you out, he is most definitely not the one. Don't make this difficult or embarrassing for you and just leave it be. This is in no way an ambiguous situation.
    Your right I know this relationship just felt so different never had one that was so intense and amazing like it before so its just a real bummer. Thanks for the advice though at least nice to know from other people that don't know me it was nothing to do with me I will solider on and be a much better person than he obviously is and eventually find someone else I can feel the same way about :)