Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where to go?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know I don't want to live in my current town forever, I want to go to different places and see different things but how do you decide where to go??

I'm currently job hunting and have no idea how far to widen my search or potentially think of moving to. Making a decision on this sort thing seems so final, I guess I don't want to settle on a place without having known what else I might be missing out on

Comments

• Options
    I'd say go with your instincts widen your search as far as you feel comfortable will. Then research into the area. Is there a particular place you always wanted to move to or places you liked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Do you like small places, or big cities? Near to the country, or urban? How attached are you to your current living area - would you want to be within easy travel distance of your current friends?

What about going abroad for a bit? You could look up the Leonardo Da Vinci scheme http://www.workandvolunteer.com/leonardo-da-vinci-10-week-european-internship
  • Options
    Purple_roo wrote: »
    What about going abroad for a bit? You could look up the Leonardo Da Vinci scheme http://www.workandvolunteer.com/leonardo-da-vinci-10-week-european-internship

That looks amazing!
  • Options
    I know!! I'm have wandering feet at the moment....
  • Options
    Id like to go somewhere big. I lived in cambridge while I was at uni and i loved it so im thinking if there. Otherwise i wouldnt really feel comfortable go further than about 45 minutes/an hour away.

My biggest worry is what if i cant find somewhere to live, or i dont like it. At least if im fairly near home I can commute for a bit, and i have friends in cambridge i can bunk with for a while.

Eventually Id like to go somewhere further away but i think just baby steps for now. I guess once im settled somewhere, i could take weekend breaks to explore the country a bit more