Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

painful joints.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys,

I'm getting pain in my wrists and knees. My knees keep locking, I thought it was sciatica related, but I'm getting pain in my wrists a lot more now too. When I stand up my knee has locked and it's quite painful trying to walk it off. When my wrist hurts it's really hard to do simple things like straighten my hair.

When I told the doctor he said it can't be arthritis, and that it seems to be nothing so should clear up on it's own.

It hasn't cleared up, it's getting worse, and on top of everything else it's too much to deal with. I can't control all of these emotions anymore.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello Butterfly,

Would you be able to see your GP again when you can? It may be worth him/her doing a few checks.

I have similar in my knee, and I sometimes find a hot water bottle can really help, it does get worst in winter though.

Big *hugs*
    You could get a secon opinion if you're not happy with what you've been told.
    Have you had them look into your muscles/tendons rather than the bones? Or have you ever looked into hypermobility/ehlers danlos/fybromyalgia? Are you double jointed? These could be alternative causes to the pain.
    Thanks guys.

I'm going to try a hot water bottle on my knee and maybe some sort of support thing for it.

My knee is getting a lot worse.
    I've been to physio and he's confirmed that my leg is swollen and has said it could be the hamstring muscle so he's given me an exercise for that.

He then said that I should just try to keep on with the exercises but that's it, there's nothing more he can do.

Fine, but what am I supposed to do now then? These exercises don't help and I'm obviously going to be in as much pain as I'm always in, plus it's clearly getting worse if it's affecting my leg too.

Also, when the doctor put my codeine on repeat prescription he said I'm not allowed it if I'm not doing physio. Now I'm not doing physio anymore does that mean they're going to stop the codeine? I need my pain killers!

I can't cope with this pain forever. I'd rather just not have to. it's so draining and it affects me a lot, and when I'm walking it kills :(
    Execises fot joint pains

Exercise is the best option in order to deal with the joint pain. Regular exercises and workouts helps appropriate lubrication of the body muscles. You must undertake an appropriate diet plan and join your friends and colleagues for morning walks and jogs. Avoid oily cum junk foods as much as you can. Try for green leafy vegetables instead.
    Exercise makes it worse. Yesterday I spent five hours walking, it killed my back and leg. I have also started doing an exercise DVD a few times, this makes my back and leg so much worse too.

My physio has also told me to lay off the walking for a few days.

I hardly eat, when I do I don't eat junk food.
    Is it an exercise regime designed for your condition? Maybe something low impact like swimming would be better?
    What, the DVD exercise? No, that's not designed for my condition, doing that purely to be thin.

I can't go swimming, I can't do any sort of exercise in front of other people, because of the aspergers. I used to do a zumba class, even though I was uncomfortable, but my confidence is way worse since breaking up with my ex.
    Tried cod liver oil? I've got bad joints but they're better now I've been taking cod liver oil twice daily for the past few months. It might help relieve it slightly.
    What, the DVD exercise? No, that's not designed for my condition, doing that purely to be thin.
    I can't go swimming, I can't do any sort of exercise in front of other people, because of the aspergers.

Exercise DVDs are often high-impact aerobic exercise, like zumba is, and could exacerbate your joint problems, you should seek advice about what the best form if exercise is to keep fit in the circumstances. You won't get better if you're straining your joints.

Does your local pool have any very early or autism friendly sessions?
    You might find that exercise is making it worse because you're doing too much - 5 hours walking is very likely to make it worse.

Have you tried something like pilates? Bringing your body back to alignment could help the muscle strain.

Have you looked into other medical issues like tendinitis or Hypermobility?
    Thanks guys.

JavaKrypt- no I haven't, I might try that! Thanks.

Piccolo- I haven't done the exercise DVD since my leg has become a little swollen, I guess that could be what caused it to get worse though.

My local swimming pool doesn't have autism friendly sessions, they do have an early morning swimming class though I think. I really don't think I'd be brave enough to go swimming though, plus I've got dark scars on my leg which I don't want people to see.

Purple_roo- I used to do Pilates but I gave up because I'm not very good, I could try it again though and see if it helps.

I haven't looked into other medical issues, I'll have a search later when I turn my computer on.

Thanks again guys.
    Orange juice is best for joints pain

Oranges are extremely loaded with antioxidants and vitamins. It helps in the treatment of almost all kinds of disorders. But especially it helps to cure tenderness and soreness in joints. You must try consuming one serving of orange juice on a daily basis and then observe its fantastic results.