Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New worries of cuts to housing benefit to under 25s

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know if this will actually happen? Because I heard that Osborne wants to try it again - and I'm worried that I'm going to end up homeless again! Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think it's actually gone through and appears to just be what they're thinking. If it did happen, they'd have to make exceptions for those who have no family contact, etc.
    Without getting into a debate about the good/badness of the policy (not happy with it by the way for record) it is the same thing that was mentioned in the Conference speech in October. Isnt a case of they tried it and failed, simply more idea floating.
    It's just a very scary thought for so many of those who don't have a "family home". I really really hope they don't get in again, they really just like to make the young out to be lazy scroungers who want everything handed to them on a plate. The sheet amount of anxiety they cause is enough to push people over the edge