Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey,

so first of all Happy new year! :D its finally 2014, for some its a worry of what the year will bring, for others its a year full of happiness and excitement. just wondered what people thought of the new year?

I guess for me its a big year, end of GCE's and start of alevels, ill be turning 17 (wow feels strange) and also lots of important decisions to make for me personally and some struggles to get through to! I guess this year is big with a mixture of good and bad to come, but im going to aim to make this year great! :)

Ive made some resolutions (hardest word ever to spell)
1) once a month to write future me a letter saying how my life is. (so i can see how the recovering me went so when im recovered i can be proud of myself)
2) write a positive box list, i tried this last year but gave up
3) to do atleast 45 mins of exercise a day!

what has everyone got planned for this year? anything exciting? :)

Comments

• Options
    Great thread rosebud.

Hm, I'm not sure about this year. Uh, so weird saying that.

I guess the only big thing is it's my 21st birthday this year.. it's been nearly 9 years since something started happening and it doesn't feel like that at all, which makes me realise how much more, what happened, has impacted on my life.

My nephews one in a week and two days.. one! That's mad.. it's been nearly a year already! I'm filling up now. I'm way too emotional at the moment.

To be honest, 2013 wasn't the best year, and I feel like 2014 isn't going to be any better.

Saying that, in 2013 I made some friends on here, two of them I love and care about so much, so I can't wait to make some memories with these people.

I guess it's just about waiting and seeing what's to come, who knows..

It's a little sad that I've started this year off feeling so unhappy though.
  • Options
    My plan is to sort my stupid fucking brain out.

Also, lose lots of weight (aiming for a minimum of half a stone per month for the whole year).

And have lots and lots of sex because I like it and why the fuck not.
  • Options
    And have lots and lots of sex because I like it and why the fuck not.

:heart:
  • Options
    And have lots and lots of good sex because I like it and why the fuck not.

Totally with you on that one!

I'll find out any day now if I've been accepted on the Masters course that I applied for before Christmas. Fingers crossed, I will have been and then I can get on with that course. I'll take me up to 5 years to complete (hopefully a little less) so thats a long term goal now (along with the whole wanting to be a social and cultual studies researcher thing).

I'm hoping I'll get recover a little from this horrible illness or at least be told I've got something thats more treatable or controlable.
    I'm hoping to start going swimming at least twice a week and loose 3 and 1/2 stone fairly easily and without giving myself a relapse.

Finding myself a few more dependable friends is something thats very much in need after losing a few this year after realising some people's true colours. A partner would be good but I'm not going to put much effort into it anymore. It seems like an easy way to make myself really vunerable to people.

I'm off to a fairly big festival this year - loads of really good acts that I've wanted to see for years. I bought my ticket back in November to make sure I got it!

Thats about it so far - lots of smaller ambitions and projects but those are the main things.
  • Options
    I don't usually really do resolutions as I feel if you want to change you can do it anytime- not just Jan 1st etc :) But I do have a few things I would like to achieve this year.

- Keep up positive things I enjoy like horse riding- don't let uni work stop me doing them- there is more to life than academics and I can't do work to the best of my ability unless I take some time for myself!
    - Keep building on learning to trust people more
    - Keep fighting to not fall back into the habits of last year
    - Do a horse care course :)
  • Options
    great ones mythically :) especially the whole idea of not having to do them 1st Jan! so far ive not started any other than one of the positive 100 days thing, which is the late one added to my list! :) hope you all manage your goals
  • Options
    Happy New year! I want to learn how to communicate I find it hard to and upset people. I have aspergers I struggle with communicating the voices and satellite interference in my brain. I want to learn to manage it.
  • Options
    thats a good one lorna, one thats very personal and special to you :) i hope you achieve your goal and were all happy to help and make sure you let us know how your getting on
  • Options
    Thanks rosebud ideas welcome
  • Options
    Also, lose lots of weight (aiming for a minimum of half a stone per month for the whole year).

I just wanted to point out that whilst it is possible to lose half a stone in a month, it's not sustainable. There are ways to lose weight if you are unhealthy, and the NHS website is a really good place to start. But talk to a doctor, and get a decent plan going.

45 mins exercise a day is also a really laudable aim, but most exercise plans actually do suggest one or two days either off or of something lighter (walking or swimming instead of running for example).

New year is a good opportunity to think about changes we need to make, but it can also be an excuse to beat oneself up and I'd really like to see people here give some thought to motivations for change and whether they're rooted in a genuine need for change or low self-esteem.

My own resolutions are to try a mindfulness or self-care activity every day and to complete another half marathon this year.
  • Options
    I don't usually really do resolutions as I feel if you want to change you can do it anytime- not just Jan 1st etc :) But I do have a few things I would like to achieve this year.

- Keep up positive things I enjoy like horse riding- don't let uni work stop me doing them- there is more to life than academics and I can't do work to the best of my ability unless I take some time for myself!
    - Keep building on learning to trust people more
    - Keep fighting to not fall back into the habits of last year
    - Do a horse care course :)

Hey, happy new year :).

I done horse care and it is a fab cause to do :D I loved it u learn lods about it :D