Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Crack addict friend - Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So a week ago I met this girl in a bar. Gorgeous, funny, we hit it off.
She comes back to mine, but nothing sexual happens as we actually spend the entire night chatting. She is upfront and very open that she has been using Crack and Heroin for the past 3 yrs. Not together, Heroin smoked once a day and a lot of crack.

So every day then for the past week she has come to mine, we have gone out or stayed in and talked. Must be clear, no physical activity at all.
She is smoking a pipes worth of crack every 20 mins solidly whenever I see her so have to assume its all day every day. She is an active Prostitute, but clipping most clients, shop-lifiting and stealing. She has never offered me business. She's living in a crack den and giving some of what she 'earns' to the dealers running the den. Again to clarify, apart from being a bit underweight, this girl has lovely skin, well dressed and no outward signs of being an addict at all.
I wouldnt trust her at mine, hide my wallet away but have left small amount of cash on the side which she has never taken.
She has only once asked me for £40 which I refused, we have an agreement that I dont ask for business from her and she doesnt ask for money from me.

It all feels very loyal and trusting, but I know it isnt. I know she cant be trusted, right??
She has opened up to me about everything, no sob stories but about how she feels, her family, her inner secrets, her dealers coming and goings, where and how she makes money, everything.

So my questions, forgive my naivety, I have never done drugs or been in the company of drug users.

1. Is she simply trying to latch on to normality in an attempt to get away from the drug world?
2. Is it inevitable that she will try and rob me soon?
3. Am I being absurd to feel that she is vulnerable and needs help?
4. Am I going to get a pull from the Police sometime soon as I have driven her around, although been discreet to not be anywhere near the local red light area or in view of any cameras.

Appreciate any help

Comments

• Options
    You only met her a week ago? It seems a little odd to me that's she's been so open with you... And that you've invited her to your house already and are driving her around. I'd say be more careful, not just because she's an addict/prostitute but having only met someone a week ago you really hardly know them at all. It doesn't sound like she wants help to me, and even if she does you're not qualified to give it to her.all you can do is offer her the numbers of local rehab centres etc, other than that she has to want to change and she has to be the one to seek help, you can't force help upon someone who doesn't want it.
  • Options
    It is odd I agree, but we just clicked and got on. I am the kind of person that people will confide in and talk to, just my nature I guess.

On the surface she appears to not want help, and I havent offered any help in a getting clean type of way. I havent lectured or laboured on the dangers at all which is maybe why we get on so well.
    We chatted the other night about how long she could expect to live, and both ended in tears.
    Dont get me wrong here, Im not after a good samaritan award, simply enjoy here company and enjoy hearing and learning about the seedier side of life which is miles away from my normal day.

My concerns are that I am being too naive and that I should ignore the inner person I feel she is giving me and focus on the crack addict who may have alternative motives, ie to rob me blind.
  • Options
    And to add, she has been so open about everything. I know now dealers names, different local supply chains, how gear is dropped and shopped, addresses even. I know about her child, where he lives, what she had for dinner, everything.
    I am sceptical and realistic and thus my concerns are there are alternative motives behind it.
    Or maybe Im wrong, maybe a 30yr old girl addicted to the worst drug known, could be looking to me as a cry for help and maybe I could unknowingly guide her towards a better life??
  • Options
    It doesn't sound like she wants help to me, and even if she does you're not qualified to give it to her.all you can do is offer her the numbers of local rehab centres etc, other than that she has to want to change and she has to be the one to seek help, you can't force help upon someone who doesn't want it.

I havent offered her any help, a little bit of support maybe yes. She has been to all the NA and CA stuff in the past and has been clean, she knows the numbers and the local police support her with that side of things. I think that the very fact that Im not offering her help or sympathy is why we get on and why she has opened up.