Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

where are you

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
as a newbie i would love to see where everyone is from. I am in shetland

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Just to let you know some people don't really feel comfortable giving out information like that.

Thesite is a place to get support and maybe give support, it's not really a place to make new friends. That being said, a lot of people here have struck up friendships with other people, but it won't just happen straight away.

Do you need support for anything? If so, feel free to start a thread in the forum it relates to.

You're welcome to just have a nosy about for a bit, maybe take a look at the 'start here' section.

:)
    Just to let you know some people don't really feel comfortable giving out information like that.

Thesite is a place to get support and maybe give support, it's not really a place to make new friends. That being said, a lot of people here have struck up friendships with other people, but it won't just happen straight away.

Do you need support for anything? If so, feel free to start a thread in the forum it relates to.

You're welcome to just have a nosy about for a bit, maybe take a look at the 'start here' section.

If people aren't comfortable revealing the city they live in then they don't have to reply to the thread.

Not everyone comes here needing support. Asking where people come from is a completely innocuous thread idea. Particularly in Anything Goes, which is a sub forum for shooting the shit not getting help.
    Infinite. wrote: »
    If people aren't comfortable revealing the city they live in then they don't have to reply to the thread.

Not everyone comes here needing support. Asking where people come from is a completely innocuous thread idea. Particularly in Anything Goes, which is a sub forum for shooting the shit not getting help.

I was just trying to explain a bit more about the site and the people here. I did not mean to sound off or anything like that at all, and I don't think there was any need for your sarcy reply.

I know not everyone comes here for support, hence my last sentence.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    vailron wrote: »
    as a newbie i would love to see where everyone is from. I am in shetland

How's the weather in Shetland? :P - Scotland was never the best for winter weather, I have a friend from down there, and she hates the hails, as she has a slant window and it often hits the window and ends up being rather loud! But Scotland is a beautiful place, I really must go someday, I've always wanted to go to Aberdeen though. The great thing about Scotland is, that you get Uni free, if you've lied there for so long :P

Most users here are from strange places in the UK, I'm down North of the UK, planning to go to Uni in the south though (London)!

Welcome to TheSite.org message baords though :wave: But yes, the echo the above people, people come here for all sorts of reasons, from mental health, relationships, to housing, and often a great banter ;)

Best wishes,
    Angel
    I was just trying to explain a bit more about the site and the people here.

Why?

What is it about this totally inoffensive thread that makes you think that the OP hasn't read all the guides that have been posted?

'Some people might be uncomfortable' is not a reason for not having this thread. You're getting sarcy replies because:

A) I just can't turn the sarcasm off. It's a curse. Like being bitten by a werewolf, I just can't control it.

B) I don't like back seat modding and thread policing.
    Infinite. wrote: »
    Why?

What is it about this totally inoffensive thread that makes you think that the OP hasn't read all the guides that have been posted?

'Some people might be uncomfortable' is not a reason for not having this thread. You're getting sarcy replies because:

A) I just can't turn the sarcasm off. It's a curse. Like being bitten by a werewolf, I just can't control it.

B) I don't like back seat modding and thread policing.

If you're so arsed about my reply, which apparently may cause offence, then why are you being like this?

This is definitely the right first impression the OP needs.

This isn't the first time I've told someone to look at the 'start here' section, and it's never been a problem before.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Ooh Ehh, guys? Infinite, how likely is it for a new user to actually join the forum and read the 'Start here' thing? :p - I personally wouldn't bother, but then, this user could be totes different, and Butterfly, the user was making a simple request, I've just looked at the users threads, and they've also made an introduction one to, it might off been worth directing the user to the guidelines there :) - But yes, back on topic, like I was saying, most people here are from all sorts of places in the UK, but we do have people in the US, and Ireland to and even scotland! ;) - But the main YouthNet offices are in London. There so far away from me XD

But again, welcome to TheSite.org message boards :wave:
    Vienna, Austria.
    The bathroom.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Valiron, welcome again - just to clarify, totally valid thread idea :thumb:

I'm in location Limbo at the moment, a back and forth between West London and Surrey. Soft south to you ;)

Enjoy your time here.
    Italy :9 Not for long I hope :P I really want to travel :D (btw, I love Scotland, it's one of the first places I want to see <3 ):D:D:D:D:D:D
    I've been to Austria once :) I was there for a week only, I stayed at Vigaun and visited Salzburg and Golling! I would definetely go back there! It's a lovely place! Grüß Gott :D
    Emmalee wrote: »
    The bathroom.

:lol: It's so fun having you back!

I work in Oxford and live in Buckinghamshire.
    **Angel** wrote: »
    How's the weather in Shetland? :P - Scotland was never the best for winter weather, I have a friend from down there, and she hates the hails, as she has a slant window and it often hits the window and ends up being rather loud! But Scotland is a beautiful place, I really must go someday, I've always wanted to go to Aberdeen though. The great thing about Scotland is, that you get Uni free, if you've lied there for so long :P

Most users here are from strange places in the UK, I'm down North of the UK, planning to go to Uni in the south though (London)!

Welcome to TheSite.org message baords though :wave: But yes, the echo the above people, people come here for all sorts of reasons, from mental health, relationships, to housing, and often a great banter ;)

Best wishes,
    Angel

Ooh which uni in London are you thinking of going to Angel?

I'm normally in London but at the moment I'm at my parents' in a forest in the south west.
    god it seems i have started quite a contraversial thread i didnt mean to i was just curious what country folk were in. the weather here in shetland at the moment 60mph winds and rain
    vailron wrote: »
    god it seems i have started quite a contraversial thread i didnt mean to i was just curious what country folk were in. the weather here in shetland at the moment 60mph winds and rain

You didn't start anything, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I think what I was trying to say was misunderstood.

Sounds cold where you are! The bad wind and rain has stopped here thankfully, it's just a little chilly.

I've been to Austria once :) I was there for a week only, I stayed at Vigaun and visited Salzburg and Golling! I would definetely go back there! It's a lovely place! Grüß Gott :D

It is! Salzburg is something to see, but you haven't been to the best places yet :)
    grace wrote: »
    Ooh which uni in London are you thinking of going to Angel?

I'm normally in London but at the moment I'm at my parents' in a forest in the south west.

Would that forest happen to begin with a D?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Currently in New Forest. Its a beautiful day here. Set to change over the next couple of days.
    Ive always wanted to go to Shetland.
    Weekender Offender 
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    ...and just to add (since I now cant edit my posts) this place IS a place to make new friends, its not all about supporting each other. In fact theres a fair number of posters who have met, married and even had kids through TS.
    Weekender Offender 
    Recently moved back to Essex, Lived on the west coast of Scotland on a small island for a few years too. lovely places up there.
    Skive wrote: »
    ...and just to add (since I now cant edit my posts) this place IS a place to make new friends, its not all about supporting each other. In fact theres a fair number of posters who have met, married and even had kids through TS.

100% this. Support is really important but so is general chat, discussion, friendship.
    South west England
    Between Durham in the North East, and near Bath in the South West.
    I don't think anybody understands what I was trying to say. I've apologised.
    Not getting at you at all butterfly, what you said just led to a train of thought :)
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Oxforrrd
    :thumb:

Currently in south east England, along the rainy coastline.
    It's been cleared up now so you can all stop pointing it out.

yes! this is what I wanted to say :) thesite wasn't always so focused on mental health support and problems, this has come about over the last few years.