Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Portuguese teacher...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My Portuguese teacher and I have become casual friends, and I think I am falling for her.

The thing is, I want to ask her out to the movies, but then if she says no I don't want it to make classes feel weird. She is a freelance teacher, so it wouldn't breach favouritism or anything.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't do it as long as you are being taught by her. It is more probable that the resulting situation will be worse than before.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Don't do it as long as you are being taught by her. It is more probable that the resulting situation will be worse than before.

I agree, if the poster is falling for his teacher then they perhaps need to think what effect this could have on the teachers career. Just because you have become casual friends doesn't mean you have to or should ask them out in a romantic sense. Of course friends can go to the movies without it being anything more than that. Though if you are serious about "asking her out" then I wouldn't recommend the cinema, you sit there in silence watching the film, hardly that social.
    We're making an assumption that the original poster is a school boy. I think it needs to be clarified first before we dispense advice.

If you are a child, and she is a teacher she can, at the very least lose her job if she engages in a romantic relationship with you. At worst, depending on your age she could goto prison.

If you are both adults, ie it's an evening class, then as G-raffe said, cinema isn't an ideal first date. Take her out for lunch.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    We're making an assumption that the original poster is a school boy. I think it needs to be clarified first before we dispense advice.

If you are a child, and she is a teacher she can, at the very least lose her job if she engages in a romantic relationship with you. At worst, depending on your age she could goto prison.

If you are both adults, ie it's an evening class, then as G-raffe said, cinema isn't an ideal first date. Take her out for lunch.

I did not make this assumption and still think he should not do it. If he gets brushed off the class is going to suck a lot and if not I still think the professional atmosphere of teacher-pupil is tainted. Disregarding the chances of success though, being brushed off by someone you see on a regular, even professional basis sucks ass.
    I did not make this assumption and still think he should not do it.

Sorry, I thought we were making that assumption :)
    I did not make this assumption and still think he should not do it. If he gets brushed off the class is going to suck a lot and if not I still think the professional atmosphere of teacher-pupil is tainted. Disregarding the chances of success though, being brushed off by someone you see on a regular, even professional basis sucks ass.

true. i'm an adult by the way, and she's a freelance teacher.

i haven't asked her, more or less for the reason you gave.