Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stopp

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is something that Philippa gave me and I wanted to share as it maybe helpful :-). Here is the website for you :-) www.getselfhelp.co.uk
MODS please put this in its right place if its in the wrong place. hope all this makes sense for you.

Stop and step back- dont act immediately. Pause

Take a breath- notice your breath as u breathe in and out.

Observe- what am I thinking and feeling? what are the words my mind is saying? is this fact or opinion? descriptions or evaluations? accurate or inaccurate? help or unhelpful? what unhelpful thinking habit am I using (e.g. mind-reading, negative filter, thinking the worst)? where is my focus of attention? what metaphor could I use ( moutain, tunnel, playground bully, thought train, beach ball, passengers on the bus)?

Pull back put in some perspective- see the situation as an outside observer. what would a fly on the wall see? is there another way of looking at it? what would someone else see? whats the helicopter view? what meaning am I giving this event for me to react in this way? how important is it right now, and will it be in 6 months? is my reaction in proportion to the actual event?

Practise what works- do what works, what is most helpful. play to your principles and values. will it be effective and appropriate? is it in proportion to the event? is it in keeping with my values and principles? what will be the consequences of my action? what is best for me and most helpful for this situation?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Some very helpful advice there.

Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Hi MrsM,

This looks really useful - have you been using any of it in your own life yet? Have you found it helpful?

Thank you for posting for everyone

:)
  • Options
    I have been trying it and I'm gunna be honest sometimes it works then other days it doesn't but I mean it works different ways for everyone :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    It's good that you have been trying, and it's positive to know it sometimes works and helps. Really great to see you taking positive steps forward :)

Your right different things help and work different for individuals, but it's really good for you to share this, hopefully it could help others.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "