Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Health good news thread!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thought it would be nice to have a new "positive" thread! Here is the place to post about any health related good news you have, whether it be mental health or general health! Keep it upbeat please :heart:

My general health good news is my chest infection is finally getting better (*touch wood*) I'm very happy that I wont be ill for Christmas like I have been in some past years!

What about you guys?

Comments

• Options
    I appear to have avoided colds and other stuff going around this year. *touch wood*

Within the last 3 months, I've gone from daily headaches and funny pressure issues, to only having headaches once or twice a week thanks to someone giving me something stronger than paracetamol with something.
  • Options
    I've also managed to avoid colds! Can't remember the last time I had one, definitely not since the summer. BOOM IMMUNE SYSTEM.
  • Options
    is having a baby considered good for your health? hehe :D
  • Options
    AHH I'M SO HAPPY!

I had a great appointment with my CPN - she really is fantastic. I have a place on some sort of group therapy which is :yippe: And it's not just a few weeks, it runs for 4-5 months. And then she has also promised me that she'll carry on working with me at least till the end of that - so I don't have to worry about being discharged any time soon. I am SO SO pleased that finally my persistence has paid off and I'm getting some support. I'm so grateful to my CPN for sticking up for me and agreeing to work with me long-term. I could actually cry I'm so relieved!
  • Options
    I like this thread :). I am eventually starting to see a big progress in my physio. I still have a long way to go but able to walk for much longer periods and my fatigue is getting better too and I am able to do much more. Also my medication is almost sorted out!
  • Options
    Lauren92 wrote: »
    I like this thread :). I am eventually starting to see a big progress in my physio. I still have a long way to go but able to walk for much longer periods and my fatigue is getting better too and I am able to do much more. Also my medication is almost sorted out!

:yippe:
  • Options
    Loving the positive responses so far!! Wish I'd managed to avoid colds, boo you immune system :(

YSH- That is so great! Really pleased for you, definitely let us know how therapy goes :) When does it start?

Lauren- Glad physio is having an impact, hope you're proud of yourself and what you've achieved!

Oh, and Firey, having a baby is good for your health... but probably not for you sleep ;) Make sure you stock up on sleep while you can :razz:
  • Options
    AHH I'M SO HAPPY!

I had a great appointment with my CPN - she really is fantastic. I have a place on some sort of group therapy which is :yippe: And it's not just a few weeks, it runs for 4-5 months. And then she has also promised me that she'll carry on working with me at least till the end of that - so I don't have to worry about being discharged any time soon. I am SO SO pleased that finally my persistence has paid off and I'm getting some support. I'm so grateful to my CPN for sticking up for me and agreeing to work with me long-term. I could actually cry I'm so relieved!

Win!
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    YSH - glad it went well!

Also avoiding colds, hurrah!
  • Options
    I've also avoided colds! My mums had loads, and a bug, and I haven't caught any of them! *touch wood* as she's still got one now, it's finally clearing up.

Also, my neck is better. Not that there was much wrong. It was very painful yesterday, but it's okay now.
  • Options
    Cutting contact with someone who was making my life hell. Unfortunately, the the two who are making my life hard, I can't xut contact with them unless I change running clubs.
  • Options
    Got a date for my operation - 7th January 2014.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Made an appoitment with the doctor to speak about my poorly skin so hopefully may be perscribed some cream to help. Feeling positive :-)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Last set of steroid injections have been had and physio went amazingly well :D

I've been able to tell over the past two weeks or so that there's been a huge improvement in my legs, but having it confirmed by my physio was such a good feeling. Getting a well done from my physio, for just carrying on, is a small thing but it's made a massive difference.

:yippe:
  • Options
    Yay ella. So happy for you lovely :)

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    I love this thread, so many positive replies! :) I haven't managed to avoid all of the colds but they weren't too bad and I'm finally able to breathe, just in time for Christmas, and all the lovely smells!
  • Options
    Yay ella. So happy for you lovely :)

Thank you :) purchased some new headphones to say well done to myself haha
  • Options
    Ooh yay I need some new headphones. Which ones you got?

• Options
    Cheap ones :P
  • Options
    Coolness :)

• Options
    I went a whole day without being sick yesterday for the first time in months, I feel quite disgusted with myself but I know health wise it is a good thing and I needed to prove to myself that I could do it.
  • Options
    I went a whole day without being sick yesterday for the first time in months, I feel quite disgusted with myself but I know health wise it is a good thing and I needed to prove to myself that I could do it.

Well done B-A! *hug*
  • Options

Well done! :)
  • Options
    Thank you both :) I'm feeling more positive about Christmas now, I was very worried about the whole eating thing but I've proved to myself I can go a day so I know I can do it over Christmas day.
  • Options
    I slept last night and only woke up once from nightmares :)
  • Options
    I slept last night and only woke up once from nightmares :)

Aww thats good lovely. Hope your okay :)