Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

is it worth investigating?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, so I am 14 and have had this lump like extra skin thing on the underneath of my left breast for a couple of months. I haven't really been that worried about it until I got into the book 'the fault in our stars' where it talks about cancer a lot. I looked up the symptoms and things other than the lump. I realised that my left is bigger than my right. Not by much but it is noticeable. I tired to forget about it, christmas get together and all, but then the Eastenders special with Carol and the mamogramm, and now my mum's friend found lumps on her neck and has had tests(no results yet). I guess I'm taking these as signs. I haven't told anyone. I'm not really close to my mum about these types of things, or anyone.
Are there any symptoms or things I should look out for? Is there anyway I could get closer to an answer without the doctors or hospital?
Sorry for the ramble.

Comments

• Options
    Hi, first of all well done for posting on here I know it must of been hard,

personally I would go to the docs and get it checked I know it sounds scary but it is for the better in the long run. it may not be cancer it maybe just a lump thats normal and will soon dissappear but if and onli IF it is cancerous then its better to catch it early and get it treated quicker... my main and important bit of advice is to go to the docs and get it checked.. x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    Hi lostangel,

Firstly I would really suggest you tell your mum about this, you're quite young and I think this is something your mum should probably know about.

I don't think there is any other way of finding out the truth about this lump than going to your doctors. You should always see your gp about any abnormality, big or small. It may be nothing, but I really think your best option and the most important thing to do is to go to the doctors.

*hug*
  • Options
    Having one breast bigger than the other is perfectly normal, the vast majority of women have unequal breasts. The lump could be many things, including a harmless cyst or a lymph node.
    Speak to your mum about it, and book a GP appointment, but try not to worry too much. Lumps are common and generally totally harmless :)
  • Options
    I agree with the others, likely to be nothing but worth an expert having a look.

Having different size breasts is totally normal, though.

TFioS is awesome, isn't it?
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey LostAngel,

Just to Echo Broken-Angel above, I just want to say as strange as it is, I think many young adults around the age of 13/14 start noticing they're breasts of of different size, so it's a very common thought to have, but it's also great to get reassurance on it. It's also worth checking out the extra skin under your breast, but I wouldn't stress myself over it, best thing to do is talk to your mom about it, and also look in to nattering to your GP. Well done for reaching outttt though :)

Best wishes,
    Angel