Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Shared house (where I live)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ian living in the shared house I been there for over a year. The support worker and the manger telling to leave because I cook clean e.c.t the people that I live with got learning disabtly. I get on with them all :). The support workers told me that they cont take people in there own car and they take them. Also they choose the others over me. I ask them the other day to come to the doctors with me they said yes they will I told them I need to get ready because we needed to go then I went Down to say to go because we was goof to be late they turned around and said that they going for a coffee in a cafe. I need help just as much as the others do in the house it making so depressed. I don't want to move because I like it there and ian in the middle and easy for me to get o my dads and Mums.

What do I do errrr:grump::impissed::crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They are asking you to leave because you are cooking and cleaning?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Heather,
    Sorry to hear you're having a difficult time at the shared house.
    Why are they asking you to leave exactly? It's not clear from your post....
    Is it because they think you do not need the support that they offer?
    Let us know a bit more and we can offer more relevant support..
    :)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sorry to hear that Heather, I agree with the above comment from L1ttleOne

Maybe telling us a bit more about what your finding difficult could also help us reply more effectively cos we want to help you and offer you some advice but it's quite difficult if we don't have more information.

Hope your okay though, offers you some *hugs*
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Heather,

Well done for posting about what's going on at the moment, the situation sounds rather overwhelming, and I can understand how it must be difficult for you, putting so much hard work in to the shared house by cooking and cleaning and then having them threaten to kick you out.

Would you be able to expand a bit more on why you're being kicked out? Have they had a formal meeting with you to cover this? Explaining reasons behind it, and explanations? As well as giving you the chance to express how you feel? :) - Have they offered alternative support elsewhere?

How many support workers do you have in the staff, surely taking you to the doctors was more important, did you manage to go in the end? :) - Hopefully you weren't to late if you did :) I can also sense that you have feelings off unfairness between how the staff treat others in comparison to how they treat you, have you thought about speaking to your key support worker and expressing how you feel about it?

Do keep us updated on how you're doing Heather,

Best wishes,
    Angel