Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's your comfort?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have two comforts, one is my favourite teddy, Janeybear and the other is Charlie, my ickle kitten. (My other kitten is a stubborn git)

Janeybear keeps me safe at night and doesn't let all the horrid monsters hurt me.

Charlie comes over when I'm crying, dries my tears with his face and snuggles up next to me after kissing me on the cheek!

So, what's your comfort and how do they comfort you?!

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    My comfort is gonna sound really odd, but it's my iPod.

Music can take me away from everything that is upsetting me and I feel safer when I have my music on I can zone out and just listen to the lyrics. I know that doesn't make any sense.

I guess also another comfort is sleep, you can potentially forget everything for a couple of hours when you are asleep, it feels nice sometimes

okay so both those sound very odd.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Being sat under my duvet (fresh sheets) with a cup of tea listening to the rain reading a book.
  • Options
    My comfort is gonna sound really odd, but it's my iPod.

Music can take me away from everything that is upsetting me and I feel safer when I have my music on I can zone out and just listen to the lyrics. I know that doesn't make any sense.

I guess also another comfort is sleep, you can potentially forget everything for a couple of hours when you are asleep, it feels nice sometimes

okay so both those sound very odd.

Neither are odd. For me, it's music.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Neither are odd. For me, it's music.

Doesn't sound odd to me either.
    Good music is good.

Also, as a radio DJ-in-training learning how to work with sounds as well is quite a thing. Any sort of sound or video editing in fact. I can lose myself for a while in creating something and then release it to the world and get people saying they liked it. <3
  • Options
    Same as you Sophie.

My bear, Nelly. If I have to stay in hospital I will ask someone to fetch him from home for me and he sleeps in my bed every night to keep me safe.

Also, my cat patchy. He's very clingy so I snuggle him when I'm sad.
  • Options
    my comfort is being in my house, on my sofa with my wife.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Whowhere wrote: »
    my comfort is being in my house, on my sofa with my wife.

My laptops kinda like your wife :3
  • Options
    I have a few comforts. My beautiful doggy Mable (and my other pets, but her especially) she always knows when I'm sad or somethings wrong, and even if I'm in my room she will sit outside the door to comfort me and let me know I'm safe. She'll bark at all the other animals if they come near me when I'm sad, and if she thinks someone is hurting me or upsetting me she goes mental. Very protective of her mummy :heart:
    Another comfort is cuddling the boy, and if he's not here then his jumper will do!
    Also, flute playing. Because, no matter how sad I am I can always play happy music.
  • Options
    My beautiful doggy Mable (and my other pets, but her especially) she always knows when I'm sad or somethings wrong, and even if I'm in my room she will sit outside the door to comfort me and let me know I'm safe.

I second this. Broken-Angel's dogs have comforted me many times. So has B-A but she's more than a comfort ;)

Other than that, music and my memory box.
  • Options
    My outstanding intellect and my gracious humility.
  • Options
    mine is a bit weird and babyish, but I suck my thumb. I use to have a teddy bear and loads of other cuddly toys when I was little but my dad burnt them and got rid of them so don't have one now.
  • Options
    katiejayne wrote: »
    mine is a bit weird and babyish, but I suck my thumb. I use to have a teddy bear and loads of other cuddly toys when I was little but my dad burnt them and got rid of them so don't have one now.

Nooooooo! Everyone has to have at least something from the past as a keepsake.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Nooooooo! Everyone has to have at least something from the past as a keepsake.

not me, dad got rid of the lot!
  • Options
    katiejayne wrote: »
    not me, dad got rid of the lot!

Why? :(

I still have 2 blankies I had as a kid but they're in the back of the wardrobe. My comfort now is bed, sleeping and socks. I never feel quite right with bare feet
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Why? :(

I still have 2 blankies I had as a kid but they're in the back of the wardrobe. My comfort now is bed, sleeping and socks. I never feel quite right with bare feet

cause hes horrible, burned most of my stuff, pictures I made in nursery, photographs of me, everything, unless it was worth something then he sold it
  • Options
    I'm taking janeybear to York with me tonight! She's going to keep me safe! And happy and warm:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    My cat as well. I find cats so calming and relaxing
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    My cat :)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Mdma
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    My dog :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    A warm house, and snuggled on the blanket. Not a massive comfort but can make you feel safer
  • Options
    Watching anything Oliver Postgate related, star trek (mainly voyager), a fleecey leopard print PJs set, my bed (which is kinda good considering its where I spend a lot of my time), and cuddles...need more of those!