Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mental Health Android App (dbt911)

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
Hey Everyone

I am unsure this is posted in the correct place so mods please move it's its in the wrong section. :)

So I wanted to share some info on a app that I have recently been trying out on my phone. It is called dbt911. This app is also free, I am unsure if it's on the iPhone.

So basically the app has lots of sections, some including mindfullness, and distress tolerance.

It also has a section for when you are in a crisis, and in that section it has a crisis list what you can add to for what you would do in a crisis, it is personal to the individual. It also has a section for distractions where it has a range of different distractions to do.

And finally two sections that I am liking a lot, is it has weekly tips, and again this is great for distractions.

It also has a Affirmation section which is basically lots of pages that have nice positive messages, like "I can deal with difficult situations" and "I deserve to be happy" "I am good enough as I am" There is lots more too.

Hope you find this useful, and if you can go check it out. And cos it's on your phone it's easy to access, you don't need the internet to access the actual app either once it's on your phone :)

Take care everyone :heart:
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This sounds really good, I'm going to give this app a try.

Thanks for sharing with us :)
    Finding it and downloading it as we speak.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Yes. Really glad your interested in it. I reckon it could benefit a lot of people. :-)

Lemme know what you think :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    Downloaded it thanks BananaMonkey :-) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    It's amazing! Thanks Claire!

Mindfulness! :hyper: and I love the list of distractions! I love all of the observations you can do too. I'm definitely going to be trying everything on all of the lists.

Did I mention mindfulness too? :D
    Glad you like it :-)

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    That sounds like an Epic App, but I've covered all areas off DBT, and have folders of DBT work! The therapy as a whole involves a lot of Mindfulness and coping strategies. I might just find the need to text my old DBT therapist about it, and tell him I'm still using my skills ;) But shall download the app :heart:
    this sounds like a great app, thanks for sharing it. going to download it now :)
    Really liking all the positive replies :) hope you find the app helpful.