Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Overwhelmed.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am so overwhelmed right now. I can't cope. I don't know what to do. And I want to be dead by Xmas. Arghhhhhh I should have died last week! Sick of this :'(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi brokengirl,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so overwhelmed and low at the moment.

Do you want to try and tell us what is making you feel overwhelmed, if you know?

Big hugs *hug*
    Hi thanks for your reply. Just lots has been going on I ended up in hospital over an OD last week got kept in and had to see the crisis team before I could leave and they sent for a mental health act assessment because they thought I needed to be sectioned luckily I got home eventually I still feel very at risk and it's getting worse I don't know what to do and I hate this time of year I can't cope with Xmas and i'm struggling to find somewhere else to live and i'm struggling just to get through a day and I don't tink I can handle work tomorrow but I have to go in I feel like giving up so bad :'(
    You're clearly really strong to be fighting your way through all of this, there seems to be a lot going on for you.

I'm sorry to hear about last week, but do you think you could go back to hospital and explain how low you're feeling? You'll be safe then.

Do you have anyone to spend Christmas with this year?
    I refuse to go back to hospital I just can't do it.

I have family but I don't really feel up to it so i'm not sure what i'll be doing :/

Thanks for your replies and for being there for me I really appreciate it x
    Okay, you don't have to go back to hospital if you don't want to. Do you think you could give Samaritans a ring tonight?

If you don't end up seeing your family over Christmas, I just want to remind you the boards are here, we will try to help you get through Christmas.

You don't need to thank me, we're all here to listen *hug*
    I have called Sams tonight and crisis once, it didn't help much :( I feel like such a lost cause.

Ah thank you I really appreciate it x
    Please remember you're not alone.

Okay, what about ways of distracting yourself when you're feeling like this, what do you enjoy?

I love drawing, and it completely distracts me from all of the bad stuff for a bit.
    Thank you x

Nothing really. I am completely useless :(
    You're not useless at all.

What job do you have?

Do you think you could go and talk to your gp?
    Thanks. I just do shop work, only once a week at the moment. She's away for a little while :(
    Okay, do you have any hobbies at all?

When is your gp back? Have you ever thought about online counselling?
    Not anymore.

The 31st. I have an appt with her then. Yeah I have but I couldn't afford it x
    There are sites that do free online counselling..

I can't link thesite article at the moment as I'm on my phone but I promise I will tomorrow unless someone else does.
    Oh okay. Thank you x
    Will you be okay tonight?

Do you want me to turn my computer on and link them now?
    That's okay I think i'm going to call the crisis team again. I'm in a real state. But thank you x
    That's a good idea. Please try and go to a&e if things get worse.

And keep posting. You're not alone.
    Thank you I'm just struggling to find the courage to ask for help at the moment. I don't know who to trust anymore. Thanks for being here for me x
    Knowing that you want help is great though, keep taking the amazing steps that you are taking and I think eventually you'll get the help you need and deserve.

*hug*
    Thanks I hope you're right. I just feel like such a lost cause x
    You're not a lost cause. I promise, depending in how much you want it to and what steps you take, things can get better.
    Thank you I'm just struggling to find the courage to ask for help at the moment. I don't know who to trust anymore. Thanks for being here for me x

I think you've shown alot of courage *hug* don't be scared .... butterfly123 is right you will get there when you're ready!

Did you call back crisis?

dp :heart:
    Thank you I hope so.

Thanks dollypop I appreciate it. I just can't see it ending any other way than me killing myself. I did and i'm waiting for them to call back :/ Thanks for your kind words and being here for me thank you so much *hug*
    Well done, glad you called them saying it all out loud is really tough.

You can't see any other way right now because your blinded by all the other stuff, you've got to work through it piece by piece to clear the way.

dp :heart:
    Thanks so much dp. Haven't heard back from them though but oh well.

I guess so. Just hope things get better soon. I wish I could speak to my GP right now :(
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Thanks so much dp. Haven't heard back from them though but oh well.

I guess so. Just hope things get better soon. I wish I could speak to my GP right now :(

Hey BrokenGirl,

How are you doing today? Did crisis team get back to in the end? Just wanted to say a massive well done for taking the step to reaching out for support, that's amazing, how are you doing today? *hug*

Best wishes,
    Angel
    Thanks Angel for your reply they never got back to me and I'm really not in a good way :(
    Hi can anyone help i'm in such a state right now i'm panicking so much don't know what to do :'(
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hi can anyone help i'm in such a state right now i'm panicking so much don't know what to do :'(

Hey BrokenGirl,

Sorry to hear you're still struggling, have you thought about contacting Samaritans? It sounds like you could do with a listening ear. Do you know what's causing the panic at the moment? *hug*'s

Have you ever done Mindfulness, and used ways to relax yourself in the moment? Claire mentioned an app called DBT911, which covers a variety of distress tolerance skills, which might be amazing to check out! It sounds like you're going through a lot right now, but do keep reaching out to us :)

Would you be able to tell us a bit about why you're in 'such a state?'

Best wishes,
    Angel
    Hi Angel thanks a lot for your reply *hug* I have been contacting Samaritans and it can help just to get it all out but it can be frustrating as they can't give advice or anything. Just the way things are with the Crisis team, and Christmas :(

I can't seem to do that sort of thing at the moment i'm too unwell but thank you and maybe if i'm feeling a bit better soon then i'll try it.

The Crisis Team are making me in such a state...I have been so suicidal and they do sod all last night they were gonna send police out to me and today they wanted to come and shove meds down me I hate them they don't even know me how can they know what I need so i'm not seeing them now I give up i'm better off dead anyway :'(