Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

caffeine OD

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay so I OD'ed over 12 hours ago, on (amongst other things) caffeine. I've been sick more times than I could count but my heart rate is still stupidly high and I can hardly breathe. I haven't slept at all.
I just read this "if anyone is taking SSRI antidepressants it will block the liver enzyme responsible for the metabolism of caffeine, thus increasing the central effects and blood concentrations of caffeine dramatically at 5-fold." online and am seriously scared. I can't go to the hosp, as I have work soon and I can't let them down.
What can I do? If I go to the GP will they be able to do anything?

Comments

• Options
    If you go to the gp they will probably send you to hospital, if your heart rate worries them.

Why can't you let work down? They'll be ok without you for one day
  • Options
    They'll section me, I've cut all my chest/boobs up. I don't want to be sectioned for christmas. I feel like such an idiot :'( work will have a fit if I don't go in, my boss is a twat. Considering phoning my dad but I'm not sure what he can do 300 miles away :(
  • Options
    They won't necessarily section you if you have someone at home to look after you.

I think calling your Dad is a good idea, someone needs to know
  • Options
    They'll section me, I've cut all my chest/boobs up. I don't want to be sectioned for christmas. I feel like such an idiot :'( work will have a fit if I don't go in, my boss is a twat. Considering phoning my dad but I'm not sure what he can do 300 miles away :(

But if you're ill, you're ill. If you did go in, no doubt you'll be sent home if you're ill and can't work.
  • Options
    I was sent home. Keep being sick. Feel shit :(
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I was sent home. Keep being sick. Feel shit :(

If you're still being sick, Broken-Angel, don't you think it might be useful going to A&E and getting checked out. As Piccolo said, they aren't necessarily going to admit you if theirs someone to look after you at home, they may look in to getting support in place for you. *hug* Have you managed to tell anyone about the OD other than us, yet? :)
  • Options
    The boyfriend knows and my dad. Dad said I'll be fine just need to keep being sick and drinking lots of water. Told mum I have a sick bug. I'll speak to my psych nurse when I see her on Monday but I know they'll admit me if I go to A&E and I'm not up for ruining christmas.