Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bulimia, Binge Eating and seeing people..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So much has been going on.. Just the other day I saw the doctor after a year for my eating disorder who said I do have bulimia, binge eating and I told her about my harming and she said it would be better to go see a doctor near me. I am now waiting for a letter to be sent there and for me to be called back I don't know how they will take it but I have to wait and see that when it comes. I also told her about my recent hallucinations and seeing people. More dead people who I know or recognise laughing at me with their teeth falling out as they smile. It freaks me out.. Not to mention that I only see them after dark everyday. I'm not currently taking any medicine but I am supposed to be taking citalopram 20mg. I wanted to ask if this could be part of my eating disorder or something else. Can you see things related to an eating disorder or is this a sign of a much more bigger problem? Before this I never used to see things or harm and now it's a routine. I have been to my GP who thinks I should take medicine. Don't know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Sonia,

I notice this was posted a few weeks ago. How have things been? Have you got a letter from the doctors yet?

I think it is unlikely that the hallucinations are solely from your eating disorder, but having low blood pressure/lack of nutrients could be making them worse. Have you had a blood test to see how the bulimia is effecting you? It's important to check your body is keeping relatively healthy if you don't feel ready to conquer the bulimia just yet.

Is there a reason you aren't taking the citalopram that's prescribed to you?