Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hard talking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I find talking about my voices difficult that amhs won't support me :( how can I talk about them :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Posting on here about the voices might be a good start? Writing things down can really help you to make that next step.

We're here to listen, you're not alone *hug*
    AMHS won't stop helping you if you tell them about your voices. They'd put more support in place and work out how they can help you to become better.

I agree with Butterfly, also. Posting on the boards may help you to open up more and trust people.

Let us know how you're getting on.
    Amhs won't put any support in place they said I have to talk for them to support. I told them that voices have control and I need help to control them but they won't help.
    AMHS should put support in place. If you're telling them about your voices, they won't just leave you to deal with it on your own.

Maybe when you go to AMHS again you can tell them how the voices make you feel? What they say? This will help them to understand more, and they may refer you to the Early Intervention Team if you haven't been seen by them already.
    Getting mad won't help.

Try telling us about the voices. Then maybe after that we can talk about your next options. You say you struggle with talking so, like we said, here is a great place to start.
    Who do you speak to at AMHS?!

Also, it may be worth checking out this website as well: Voice Collective
    Neither does breathing. I can't explain the voices here yet I'm trying they are bad today won't let me

Thanks for the website
    If you can keep a diary, when they're talking to you, what they're saying and how it makes you feel. When you feel confident enough you can show your diary to your worker at AMHS and then he/she would be able to judge the severity of your voices, and offer other types of help and support.

Are you taking any medication at the moment?
    I have no worker :( good idea thanks.
    I'm on quiteapine
    Who do you see at AMHS? Would you feel comfortable asking for a support worker? They'd listen to you and help you as much as they can.

Are they helping at all? What dosage are you on? May be worth booking an appointment with your GP to discuss either upping your meds, or looking to see if they can put you on a different medication to help with the voices.

It won't get rid of them completely, but it will help to control them a little more and hopefully you'll feel able to cope a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was told they won't support me but I could try again about support worker. I'm on 500mg helps a bit not much gp asked shrink to assess when they have time.
    Okay.
    If you're really struggling though, I would rude you to speak to your GP. They can explain to AMHS about your needs and get you an appointment.

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Lorna,

You've taken the first step by reaching out to support on here, well done :) - And it's great to hear you're seeking offline support at the moment to! I'm not sure what AMHS is, and Google isn't much help either, do you mean Adult Mental Health Service? For Quantapine at 500mg, it is fairly strong, but with many anti-depressants, it can take up to around two weeks to actually start being useful, but I'm glad they're giving you the option of being assessed by a Psychiatric, how do you feel about that, Lorna?

It sounds like you're feeling unheard when it comes to talking about voices, and by trying to open up, is an amazing first step, well done :) - do you have a social worker at all? :) - Or someone who is your main worker? I know Sophie had asked, unless that is your AMHS worker? :)

Do keep us updated on how things are going Lorna, hope to see you in chat later today!

Best wishes,
    Angel
    Okay.
    If you're really struggling though, I would rude you to speak to your GP. They can explain to AMHS about your needs and get you an appointment.

Ok ill to gp again and try again. Thanks sophiepeapie
    Lorna sweetie i agree with everything sophie is saying, ur gp is the best place they will help you, or try the website that ive given ya and keep emailing Claire she wont reply today as she isnt in but she will reply tomorrow and after that it will be someone called rachel, i know its hard talking about the voices trust me im going through it but keep telling ur self that this is ur body ur mind noone has a right to control ur body and mind onli u. im onli a pm away, i have to admit im not responding as quick but i will also ill pm u my number so u can call or text me :) we are here for u and u are not alone sweet xxx
    Hey guys - just a reminder to be careful about sharing phone numbers via PM. The best way to get support in a safe way is to use a place like the message boards here as you're already doing.. we know the best sort of friendships that really last happen when people take time to get to know each other and give support on the boards so that no one feels under pressure to respond and look after someone by themselves.

When you're both feeling in a stronger place then that would be the best time to share numbers if you'd like to :)

You've got lots of people here listening Lorna so do keep posting *hug*