Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

question (trigger? idk.)

Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
If you feel suicidal, and you feel like completely destroying yourself and you feel like you're better off dead, BUT you wont do anything to harm yourself, is it even worth getting help?

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Yes it is worth getting help, even though you wont harm yourself, the feelings are still there that are making you feel that way and need to be sorted.

Hope my reply has helped. Stay strong x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    But what's the point? What is the point in all of this, like really? Does anyone really know that life is anything other than this dark endless fucking tunnel that is occasionally interrupted by the tiniest bits of light that last minutes at the most? I've fucking lost it
  • Options
    Sounds like things are difficult for you. Really good that you can post on here. We are all here for you.

The point is that you deserve that help and support. No matter how much you tell yourself there is no point cos there is a point.

Life can be tough sometimes and it can feel dark and alone but you can get through this.

Sending you lots of hugs.

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    If you feel suicidal, and you feel like completely destroying yourself and you feel like you're better off dead, BUT you wont do anything to harm yourself, is it even worth getting help?

This, to me, sounds like there's something keeping you here, something that is stopping you from harming and ending your life. Do you have any idea what that is?
    But what's the point? What is the point in all of this, like really? Does anyone really know that life is anything other than this dark endless fucking tunnel that is occasionally interrupted by the tiniest bits of light that last minutes at the most? I've fucking lost it

I don't know what the point in life is, but the 'tiniest bits of light' are hope, little glimpses of how good and happy your life will eventually be one day. You've just got to try to keep fighting.

You deserve help. You're clearly in a really dark place at the minute and I think a trip to your GP would be a good idea. I know it probably seems impossible for you, but you can get through this and I truly believe you're strong enough.
  • Options
    This, to me, sounds like there's something keeping you here, something that is stopping you from harming and ending your life. Do you have any idea what that is?
    Could never do that to the people I love.

I dont really see any point in going to a GP though, what can they do? Counselling really doesn't do anything for me and I don't wanna be watched constantly and have people worried cos I'm feeling depressed and suicidal cos I'm at no risk atm. They would most likely put me on meds cos thats where it was going before simply because techniques like CBT dont work on me because there is no cause for my depression, ive had no event thats made me feel this way i just have depression.

Obviously anti-depressants work differently for everyone but after seeing my dad on them I'm not happy to risk the happiness of others around me if they have to deal with more severe mood swings. And I'm uncomfortable with my weight atm so I'm not gonna put myself in a position that is gonna make me want to go back to starving myself.

I'm not trying to be like no no no wont work and shit but it really does seem like I just have to carry on living like this and its getting more and more difficult to live with. Just feeling like I don't have many choices with this
  • Options
    Don't worry, I understand that it feels like nothing will work.

The GP may be able to suggest a different thing to help you, if you explain to her/him that you don't want meds or CBT. If you don't like what s/he suggests then that's fine, you're under no pressure at all to do whatever she says.

You say you won't do anything because you don't want to hurt your family, that's good, and they clearly care about you. You need to find positive ways of coping with things. What do you enjoy doing? Maybe tell us about things that make you happy and why?
  • Options
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »

Get support as it could get worse :( hugs. the feelings are still there and should be listened to.
  • Options
    But are there really any options other than meds or therapy that focuses on the cause or triggers of these feelings? Id be willing to try something else, but I don't feel anything like that will help. I just like forgetting about life and reality.

This is why I'm pessimistic about professional help, it just feels like my life is completely wrong for me, and i really can't change that until the summer

The only thing that makes me happy is spending time with my boyfriend. Everything else is just a distraction. Its all just hollow actions that leave me feeling empty after, none of it lasts.
  • Options
    Its taking everything to not hurt myself
  • Options
    Has something specific happened to make you feel like this?
  • Options
    No. I just cant deal with being alone so I get depressed. It was never like this, I dont understand why it's got so bad. When i was harming and drinking and doing drugs it was never this bad.
  • Options
    That's because doing drugs and drinking are ways people cope with feeling like this, are you doing any of these things now?

I just want to point out that you are not alone at all, we are here for you *hug*
  • Options
    No, I'm not doing anything. I cant do anything
  • Options
    Do you talk to your boyfriend about the way you're feeling?

What have you been up to today?
  • Options
    Hes out. Last night I babysat my next door neighbour kids and today I went shopping
  • Options
    How are you feeling?

I hope you're a little better tonight *hug*
  • Options
    And its nights like these when I'm left wondering why i dont just slash my wrists and end this pain.
  • Options
    Do you find the feelings are worse at night time? Is there anything you could try to self-soothe and relax you a bit? Some music, a hot drink or something that has worked in the past?

Has anything happened tonight to make you feel worse?

Sending hugs *hug*
  • Options
    I suppose they are. Most alone then.

yes it has.

thank you x
  • Options
    I understand what you mean about night times being more difficult. I can so relate.

Maybe coming into chat could help distract you for a little while. And also distractions.

Sometimes when I am struggling late at night I text the Samaritans or watch a movie on netflix or listen to music. I really hope something helps you lovely. Sending you hugs <3