You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Running songs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello :)

I need your help!!

I'm starting running again next week, and I need some good songs to run too!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I actually have found I much prefer spoken word, because it's really hard to match the beat of a load of songs with how I want to run. Try looking for a playlist that relates to how fast you plan to go if you want music whilst you run (it doesn't make much sense when I type this I'll look for a link tomorrow).
    There is a the site workout play list. You could listen to that for ideas.
    Thank you, Picc!:)
    I brought an album from itunes called The workout mix 2013 which I really like as its popular songs but a more upbeat version. I agree with piccolo though and I find podcasts and audiobooks good to run too as they keep me listening so I focus on that rather than the actual running so it makes it feel easier
    piccolo wrote: »
    I actually have found I much prefer spoken word, because it's really hard to match the beat of a load of songs with how I want to run. Try looking for a playlist that relates to how fast you plan to go if you want music whilst you run (it doesn't make much sense when I type this I'll look for a link tomorrow).

I tend to agree with you on that, sometimes I end up going all out and suffering for the second half of a run (therefore not getting the max out of it) because of a silly paced song!
    I think my speed is just an average one, so I hate going slow but not a sprinter... enough speed so I can continue to run my mile in 9 mins :)
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    I tend to agree with you on that, sometimes I end up going all out and suffering for the second half of a run (therefore not getting the max out of it) because of a silly paced song!

This is one of the reasons why I don't like listening to music when I run.

I was talking to my running coach last week and he said you can get some music where you adjust the beat depending on how fast you wish to run.
    Oh that sounds interesting, Melian.
    I think I might try Jog.FM though, or recreate their playlists. This is about my pace, and sounds like it might be comfortable for you.
    Thank you lots, Picc! :heart: