Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bad day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is a bit of a pointless thread, just was hoping if anyone was around they'd drop in and say hi.

I've been doing well recently, but today a lot of small bad things have happened and now I feel really quite low.

A friend who was visiting for the weekend cancelled on me, then a friend who I was meant to be doing something with tomorrow cancelled on me. I didn't get a place on a course I wanted even though I put in loads of volunteer hours. I asked housemates to do their washing up as it hasn't been done for a week and they just looked at me like I was some sort of alien. Feel pretty hated at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    In the process of replying to your text, but wanted to give you some hugs here too *hug*

Is this the same housemate who can't understand the concept of putting the bins out?

Sorry you didn't get the place on the course. Would it be worth emailing them and asking if they will consider you if someone drops out?

:heart:
  • Options
    Thanks. And yes.

They just don't clean up after themselves or pull their weight when it comes to keeping the house clean. We have a rota for jobs and every week it gets past the point at which they're meant to be done by. Then if I attempt a friendly reminder the day after, then I either get an aggressive comment 'I was going to do it!' or it makes no difference and the job doesn't get done. They're meant to be the best friends I have but :/

Technically we're only on a 6 month contract which runs out at the end of Jan (but the plan has always been to renew it), and I'm finding myself thinking more and more about moving out. I don't have anyone else to live with, but I'd probably be able to find a spare room somewhere.

And I think I'm on the reserve list for the course x
  • Options
    katypatatykatypataty Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    Hi yellowseahorse
    It's katypataty here :)
    Completely appreciate that you're feeling a bit down because of lots of things have gone wrong all at once....it's so weird how that happens?! Being let down is never a good feeling. Have you made sure your friends realise they've upset you? It's important that you're honest with them so that they understand that it's not cool to do that. What are your interests? It's always a good idea to go and do something you really enjoy when you're feeling a bit low...even if it's an effort at the the time, there's a very good chance it will make you feel better.
  • Options
    Hey yellow,

Just some hugs from me. Thinking of you. It's good to hear you've been doing well lately in general. Be gentle with yourself tonight - try not to let the impact of the small bad things be greater than the sum of their parts (if that makes sense!).

If possible, try not to ruminate and worry about things right now - it doesn't usually lead to useful solutions when you're mood is low anyway and can make you feel worse. Do something distracting and fun for now and perhaps revisit decisions about housing etc when you're in a more positive mood.

*hug*
  • Options
    They might be your best friends, but that doesn't mean that living will them will be without problems. You're under the same roof and not getting space away from them, so I think it's understandable that things get tense, combined with the fact that not everyone is pulling their weight. You know my views on mess and people no washing up, totally feel your pain!

If you feel that finding somewhere else to live in January would be better then look into it, but I'd suggest not jumping at the first spare room for the sake of it.

And lab is now over!

*hug*
  • Options
    And strictly is on TV tonight, which clearly solves everything.
  • Options
    Thanks guys - I managed to sleep the bad feelings off in the end, and arranged to still do the thing I was meant to tonight :)

And Scary - DO I LOOK LIKE I LIKE STRICTLY :P?