Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drunk ***maybe Triggering****

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to get drunk and forget about my empty lifeless life :'(
I can't suffer from this emotional pain anymore. I don't want to write much cause I don't want to hear about the pathetic me and you don't want too either and this headache isn't helping. Old Mad

I want to vanish into a thin air.... and that's the end. ( All I miss is my pets *hug*:heart: ) :'( But I can't bear this pain anymore.

Comments

• Options
    Hey pink girl,

How you are today? I hope you're feeling a little better.

I know drinking seems like a good plan when you're feeling so low, but it's not, and if you drink too much then you could be hungover and ill the next day, then being ill can make your mood worse. It's all a bit rubbish, I know.

It's all about finding more positive distractions, or positive coping methods to help you feel a bit better. Is there anything you enjoy doing? This could be anything. Walking the dog, reading, drawing, singing, writing, there's a lot of things. I like to draw, all of my concentration goes into drawing and it distracts me from everything else.

Have you ever tried mindfulness?
  • Options
    Hi butterfly123, i'm a little better today but still from the inside I know that i'm not really ok. At that time I didn't care if I get hungover or ill all I wanted was to forget about everything else. Sometimes yes I do try to distract myself and do something like reading or writing but it will be difficult to focus on something else when my mind is somewhere else. :/
    No I never tried mindfulness.
  • Options
    I know that things like drinking to forget are more 'in the moment' kind of things, it's hard but you are doing well even though you might not see that yourself.

I'm glad to hear you're a little better.

It's great that you even try to focus on other things. You say it's hard to focus because your mind is elsewhere, this is exactly why mindfulness is great. I'm not very good at trying to explain mindfulness to other people, but basically it's learning how to accept things and the way you're feeling, and noticing things more everyday. There's a lot of different things that relate to mindfulness. Just trying to focus on your breathing might be a good place to start. I would try and explain more but, like I say, I'm a bit rubbish at explaining mindfulness. We did an expert chat on it not too long ago, maybe you could have a look at that? Here's the link:

http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat/chatarchive/Mindfulness
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Pink Girl,

How are you? :) - Sounds like you had quite a difficult day yesterday, but well done for reaching out to support on here, that was a really amazing positive step :) - Did it help having someone to reach out to? Often on the boards you get late responses, but then it's about distracting yourself by talking to your friends, etc.

Sounds like you're judging yourself quite a bit, however, the boards are here for everyone, and by just being able to post a thread is amazing, and it doesn't mean your pathetic, etc. But we do generally want to hear from you :) It's also positive that you tried using distractions when you came to look at ways to cope, by using Mindfulness you can allow your mind to target your senses, and the environment around you. It can take some time taking a grip to it, but I often find getting the sensations in the shower helpful, and also the warmness of the shower being a distraction, or even focussing on your breathing.

How are you doing today? :)

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    hi guys thanks for replying to my post. i'm feeling better thanks to you. :)

I'm having a good days most of the time I still have those long moments though.
    Even though I got the response late but it really means a lot to me thanks again.