Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Good pair of earplugs??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going to a concert next weekend and it will be loud. I've been before and had to leave because of the noise and its so bad I have tinnitus. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good quality ear plugs (not foam) that reduce loud music and still let me enjoy the concert at a reduced sound. Something which also takes away any noise as well as instruments etc but not completely. I would like to buy them online so any good websites out there guys? Anyone know whats with the Decibels? The higher the decibel the more protection you need?
Thanks x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ear defenders from a hardware shop like wickes or build base
    Do you want plugs that go in your ear or were you thinking the more ear muff style?

Any reason for not foam? That's pretty limiting if you're after plugs.
    I find foam ones to be the best. I've tried silicone and didn't get on with them.
    Hi Scary Monster, looking for ear plugs had a look around at some defenders but I think they block out all the noises altogether? Foam didn't work last time it didn't even block any noise I had to get up and leave

Melian: thanks, I'm going to have a look for some on amazon as I've heard they do some good ones. I haven't tried silicone only foam but willing to get ones which reduce sound?
    Foam really are probably your best bet. For them to work you need to fit them right, there's a skill to it - not just popping them in. If they're in properly you should barely be able to see them when you look in a mirror
    Foam really are probably your best bet. For them to work you need to fit them right, there's a skill to it - not just popping them in. If they're in properly you should barely be able to see them when you look in a mirror

:yes: I use foam and they work really well. Silicone aren't that bad; but my hair keeps getting stuck to them.