Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Depressed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I Hate College
I hate college
Hello,
I'm a first time freshman in a 4 year university , well I never had in plan to come to this university but I came here since, it was the cheapest one.But now that I'm here I don't like it at all because since, I got here I haven't manage to do go in school.I mean I had good teachers but I'm really depressed for not doing my work when I had to.At first I wanted to drop out but I always ended up reconsidering it and I stay only to make my parents proud.But I haven't been able to do my work without the fear of not doing good or the fact that I have a lot of stuff to do in such little time.I haven't enjoyed my time in classes because I get really stress out of everything I just don't seam to believe in me.Also, I hate being alone since, thats when depression,anxiety and my OCD hits me bad.I haven't been able to confess this to my parents because I don't think they will understand.I been avoiding my work from school because I'm afraid to try. I haven't been able to confess this to anyone because I don't feel like they understand me.I need help because I don't know what to do there are only 16 days of the semester. I want to do harm to myself since, I think that will help me be more strong and hopefully learn something.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AndyAndy Deactivated Posts: 185 Helping Hand
    Hi,

It's really great that you've found us and it's really good that you are getting it out about how you are feeling. It sounds like you are having a tough time and starting at University can be a pretty big and scary new experience for anyone.

You've mentioned that you haven't been able to confess this to anyone, but you've come here and told us and you should feel good about that. Is there anyone else, a good friend or somebody you trust that you could speak to?

We've got tonnes of really useful articles on our main site, www.thesite.org, check out these two for starters; Depression at University & http://www.thesite.org/work-and-study/student-life/freshers-week-fears-1501.html, about some of the issues you're experiencing, there's also our lovely community who you can speak to an get involved with here on the boards who can be really supportive and help you think things through.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you might be in the US, just so you know TheSite.org is based in the UK so some of the links will be to UK services.

Take a look around and let us know how you're getting on.:thumb: