Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Physical Pain

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
Hey everyone.

I am not sure this thread will make any sense.

Growing up I had to have physio cos I have problems with my feet and legs and I had to wear these special shoes, I thought that I would be fine now I am older, but I'm not, and I haven't really mentioned this before cos I know others struggle with things and I didn't want to like seem pathetic.

But recently the pain is jus getting a bit to much I don't drive so I either walk everywhere or rely on public transport, I don't like doing this but recently I have had to get the bus home from work quite often cos of the pain in my legs when I am at work and I sit down for a long time on the floor and then get up it hurts, and walking even about 40 minutes is painful when I get to work I jus feel tired and sore. Sitting still makes my legs jus go stiff, I take painkillers but the only thing that helps is co codamol but it makes me feel really ill.

I know the doctors is prob my best bet but I was wondering if there is anything I could maybe do at home to help, or if anybody has experiences with similar.

I remember being told I have tendonitis in my legs, hence the physio and special shoes.

I don't feel like a 25 year old and my sister worried me cos she said as I am getting older it will only get worse, and it worried me.

I guess also the physical pain is getting to me at the minute.

I find it hard to run around the garden with the children at work, and I want to be able to join in with them, like other staff.

Sorry this thread has turned into a essay,

Thank you so much for reading.
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You don't seem pathetic at all. You struggle with things and deserve advice and supprt just as much as anyone else does.

Pain is horrible, and having it in your feet and legs a lot must be awful. Hugs *hug*

Did physio help you in the past? Did the physiotherapist give you any other tips on how to relieve the pain a little? I suffer with pain in my lower back and I know that's not the same but my physiotherapist has given me a few ideas that I could try to help relieve it.

What kind of pain is it? Do you think some kind of support on it cound help, you know like them tight bandages you can get that you just slip over wherever hurts, or do you think the pressure of one might make the pain worse? Hmm, it depends on what kind of pain it is really. Does heat help the pain at all? Like some kind of deep heat cream. Again, I guess it depends on what kind of pain it is.

I would suggest going to the doctors though claire if it's this bad, and letting him/her know the only pain killers you find help, just make you ill.

Sorry, not very helpful.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Thank you for your reply.

I had physio in primary school and up to beginning of year 11 at high school. My memories of physio were her causing more pain to me. I used to do exercises on my legs but it didnt help much and jus caused me more pain.

The pain feels like somebody is stretching my muscles really tight. Like an elastic band, and sometimes it feels like on going cramp.

I havent thought about bandages to support it but could be worth a shot I guess.

Its worse in winter to be honest.

I was hoping I wouldnt have to go to my doctor jus yet.. but it looks like I may have too. The thing is some days I am fine but others are jus painful. Thats why I dont want to waste the doctors time cos sometimes I am okay. Jus not recently.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    You're pain sounds similar to how mine feels sometimes, and physio makes mine worse.

I would try a bandage, and also heat. Maybe get some of the deep heat cream and see if that helps.

It's weird that it's worse in winter.. might be worth mentioning that to your doctor too. You're not wasting the doctors time at all, it's what they're there for. You deserve to get some professional help. I think you should go because you might do more damage in the long run if you ftry to wait it out.
    Yeah. I will have a think.

It hurts now and all I am doing is lay in bed. I am tired and got to be at work for7.30am and I can't sleep.

Aw bless. Do you have a hot water bottle? If so give that a try, put it right where the pain is. If it's too hot wrap it up in a tea towel or something.
    Finally managed to fall asleep at about 2am and then woke up at 6.50 and have to be at work for 7.20 luckily I am in the taxi now. Had a horrible dream too. Mehh :(

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I often get joint pain in the winter too.

Have you tried a hot water bottle and ibuprofen? This normally eases the pain enough so I can at least get to sleep. Would this help?
    Yeah could try it. Tonight its not that bad but its been bad throughout the day.

I need jus stop being pathetic and deal with it.