Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Youthnet's new Stepfinder App

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
TS-slider-SF1.jpg

Hey everybody :wave:

This week, YouthNet (the charity that runs TheSite) is launching one of its very first proper iPhone apps! :hyper:

It's called 'Stepfinder - Local help, easily found.'
The idea is to make it easy for young people to find local support, such as GP surgeries, GUM clinics, Citizens Advice Bureaus, walk-in centres and so on using augmented reality!

We're trying to help young people take control and navigate to the right support. It's also totally free and confidential.

So, what does it do?
  • You can search or browse for your nearest service via postcode or GPS, from a list of over 2000 support organisations.
  • You can read others' tips about services you might visit to help you prepare for your appointment. You can also submit your own tips to help others cope.
  • By flipping to camera mode StepFinder will show you the services around you through augmented reality (AR) and exactly how to get to them.

Take a look at the StepFinder website for more features :)

You can download the app from the Apple store for free - tell us what you think!

We need your help!

We're pretty excited about it all, and want to reach as many people as possible. So, we could use your help sharing this app. For example, if you use Twitter, you could give us a quick shout by saying something like: Navigate to the right support with #Stepfinder from @YouthNetUK ? www.stepfinder.org

If you've got any comments about it, you can also post them below. :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is an Android version in the pipeline?
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    Is an Android version in the pipeline?

Not yet, but it really depends on how the iPhone version goes down. If there's enough interest, then we may start working on an Android version too.
    I like :)

Will definitely be usual when I move away from where I'm living at the moment!
    Aww I wish I had an iphone!
    The website looks great though.
    :D
    I was having a look through Step Finder this evening and regardless of what options I'm selecting, I'm being told that nothing is matching the search results. Tried with my postcode and city, then retried with a friend's postcode. It was working fine but since I updated(yesterday I think) this has been happening.

Just thought I'd make you aware :)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I installed the stepfinder app on my ipod and I really like it. I have had a look properly. Its really user friendly and straight forward.

Looks great the finished project. I remember looking at the ideas and the app on the computer. Now its live. Amazing work. :-) be super cool getting android version too.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    This app completely fucked up my phone, and froze it. -Fears going on the app plays Temple Run instead-
    ella! wrote: »
    I was having a look through Step Finder this evening and regardless of what options I'm selecting, I'm being told that nothing is matching the search results. Tried with my postcode and city, then retried with a friend's postcode. It was working fine but since I updated(yesterday I think) this has been happening.

Just thought I'd make you aware :)

Thanks for letting us know ella! Tech team are on it, should be sorted soon :)