Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New Look for the boards!

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Hello hello!

So winter is fast approaching so TheSite boards have had a bit of a wardrobe change.
Some of you might have already noticed that we have a new default theme: TheSite Standard. :hyper:

The idea is to make the boards fit-in with TheSite's new-look and make it a bit easier to find and get around (check out the new menus at the top).

If you're still seeing the theme you had before, you can take a look at the new one by scrolling right to the bottom and selecting 'TheSite Standard' from the scroll-down menu on the left. Watch this video if you get stuck :)

We'll be opening a thread soon where you can tell us about things that don't work or look wrong, but for now, what do you think of the new theme?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Woahhh.. 'tis going to take some getting used to! Not great with change.. But I like it! Purple is my favourite colour :) I always wondered why the home page was different to the boards. Looks good :)

The things at the top are different too aren't they? Unless I haven't noticed them before.. seems easier to get to certain places.
    I would like a wide version, to match my breasts.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I like the old oneee, thankfully, when I log in, it just goes back to the vision in violet :P It looked scary O.o
    It feels a bit busy, what with menus at the top and each side and the high contrast.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Mist,
    Yeah, we agree - we're looking into how we can simplify the navigation and menus a little bit. Thanks for the feedback!

If there's anything else you come across, we've got a thread for that :)
    Do we have to change or can we stick with red revolution or whatever it is? I hate change :grump:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I like it.
    Glad I'm still able to use the Skiver scheme too.
    Weekender Offender 
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Do we have to change or can we stick with red revolution or whatever it is? I hate change :grump:

You don't have to change it B-A :)
    Use whichever theme you like best!

Glad you like it Skive!
    I'll be sticking with my red revolution thank you very much ;) I had a look at the new one, it is good and very modern but I'm too stubborn to change :p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It may be difficult for me to choose between Skiver and the new one (although I think I'd still go with Skiver) if a wide version appears. :)
    I like it. Really bright which is great on wintery days like today!
    :D