Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feeling depressed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For the past couple of days ive been really missing my ex I cant stop thinking about her I dont want to get back with her I just want this depression to go away

Does anyone have any tips that might help me

Comments

• Options
    When did you and her break up? Recently?

I have nothing to suggest that will help make this easier.. But just let yourself work through these emotions. It will get a little easier in time I promise.
  • Options
    Not that long about 2/3 weeks ago I knew it was going to be hard but it seems like its getting harder every day eveyone says its the routine I miss but its not I miss her just wish I can be like some other people and not care and just get on with it and I am trying my best to do that
  • Options
    Trying your best to get through this is the most you can do. I broke up with my ex I think about 3-4 weeks ago.. I still have pictures of me and him, I still have the poems he wrote for me, I still have his number. Break ups are really hard and it will take a while. Everyone is different and I assume some break ups can be a lot harder than others. You'll get through this in time.

I know it's hard when people say it's probably just the routine you miss but you just have to try your best to ignore them. They don't know how you feel, only you know how YOU feel so just let yourself work through these emotions and try not to be too hard on yourself. Trying to force and push yourself to feel better is probably the worse thing you can do.

Were you with her for a long time?

I found that making plans with my family and just laughing for a couple of hours helped me. Have a cry on someone when you need to. grab a hug off someone when you need a hug. Having people around you to help you through this is good.