Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Need help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
*Graphic description*
I am really scared! for about 3 years I have had trouble with eating normally. I go through phases of not eating for weeks, the eating/bingeing and then purgeing. I had a bad night last night, woke up with nightmares and just felt really bad, so I went to purge, but obviously I hadn't eaten since teatime the evening before. There obviously wasn't any food to come up, just mainly liquid, but I kept trying anyway, and then i noticed blood! I'm scared, what does this mean? what should I do? Please I need help ASAP!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi katiejayne

Thanks for posting and reaching out tonight.

It sounds like it's been a tricky few days.

For reassurance and more urgent help I would recommend phoning nhs direct for free on 111. It's free on mobiles too.

Its likely there may be nothing to worry about, but it might be best for peace of mind.

Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

Phil
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey KatieJayne,

I recommend you call NHS direct, or call direct support for yourself. Purging can often cause internal bleeding, but I wouldn't worry about that till you were fully checked out, it's often done due to tears in the oesophagus, which can lead to further issues. However, do get yourself checked out as soon as possible, and do keep us updated,

Best wishes,
    Angel
    I cant get checked out, I cant tell anyone. I feel fine, just trying not to eat so that I don't purge again.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    katiejayne wrote: »
    I cant get checked out, I cant tell anyone. I feel fine, just trying not to eat so that I don't purge again.

What kinda help were you looking for when you posted your thread KatieJayne?
    im not sure, someone to tell me everything is ok and the blood didn't mean anything really.
    That wasn't ever something that was going to happen. Everything is not ok, and the blood is a worrying indicator.
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    That wasn't ever something that was going to happen. Everything is not ok, and the blood is a worrying indicator.

what could it mean?
    Ulcer, cyst, damage to your throat, cancer. Any number of things. Go see a doctor.
    are you serious? im scared, I cant tell anyone

If you're so scared you need to go to the gp to get checked out. Like everyone keeps saying, we are not doctors so we can't tell you anything. Listen to what everyone in chat said.

Yes I'm serious.
    i told a friend about what happened, and that I haven't really been eating since, because im scared I will have to purge again.
    Was your friend a doctor?
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey katiejayne,

Well done for telling a friend - that can't have been easy.

It's worth remembering Phil's advice here:
    phil01 wrote: »
    For reassurance and more urgent help I would recommend phoning NHS direct for free on 111. It's free on mobiles too.

Its likely there may be nothing to worry about, but it might be best for peace of mind.

How are you doing now? Have you been able to eat anything?

Keep us posted :)
    no she wasn't a doctor, but she was still a person and someone to confide in.

thanks jpick. im pretty crappy today, had a rough day with counselling ect, I don't even understand what happened with it. ive been eating but just little buts and not very often, only really when I start getting the shakes.