Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lower Right Side Abdominal Pain

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It hurts on and off...its the unwell feeling thats interfering with everything. I'm constantly exhausted, nauseous and light-headed/dizzy!
    Hey WL - how are you getting on?
    Struggling to be honest...pain and associated unwell-ness is frustrating and still no letter from the hospital! Mentally I'm really struggling too...just want to hibernate :(
    What's the letter you're waiting on now?

Is there anything that seems to make a difference to the pain?
    They got my referral wrong and sent me for the wrong ultrasound. It should have been a pelvic one which is your lower stomach and requires you to drink 2 litres of water beforehand. They sent me for an abdominal ultrasound which focuses on your upper stomach and your not allowed to eat or drink for 6 hours beforehand. It means I have a 6 week wait for another scan appointment as i had to go back to my GP for another referral! Only a hot water bottle makes a noticeable difference to the pain...
    Anything circumstantial that makes a difference? Like cycling/swimming/ resting/exercise. Cornflakes or toast for breakfast.

I had pain for a while after some surgery, and I realised that I could do a day at work without being crippled by pain but a day at home and I was in agony. The job I had at the time meant I moved around a fair amount, and the regular walking around the building seemed to help the pain stay at a low level for longer. That was the kind of thing I was thinking about, rather than painkillers or remedies as such.

It's not a miracle cure, but I was surprised by the difference it made.

Once you've got the new referral, it's worth ringing up the booking place occasionally and asking if they've got any cancellations. If you can make a short notice appointment, sometimes they'll put your name down on a special list.
    Ohh I see! No I've continued as normal and the pain is the same whether I'm working, at the gym or having a lazy day at home...it comes and goes in waves which I can pinpoint at it being at its worse mid way between my last and next period, it continues for the two weeks leading up to my period then the pain reduces again...

Oh thats good to know! I can be pretty flexible so I'll ring them once it comes through...thank you for the tip!
    Doesn't work for everything, but its worth asking.