Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who do you turn to in your family?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So...families can be great right, but they can also be bloomin hard work!! Even in the happiest family people argue and fall out all the time. It can be a symptom of living so closely together and having to see each other every day, even when you're in a crappy mood. Or it can be that they just don't 'get it'.

Who do you value outside of your immediate family and why?

For me it's my cousin.. she lives miles away but we have a ton in common and she's a great person to talk to because she's not so involved with my life on a day to day basis..

Be great to hear yours :)

Comments

• Options
    Has to be family? The none immediate family disowned me so if it has to be family I tend to call my sister if I need to. She doesn't live with me so it's not so bad :)

I talk to my best friend more than anyone though!
  • Options
    Depends on the problem. If it is a personal problem I turn to friends exclusively.
  • Options
    My ickle brother, cos even though he's ickle, and lives miles away - he gives the best hugs and has the cutest things to say. And he can make you giggle easily!
  • Options
    My cousin. She's almost twice my age, but she's been there for me always. We used to send each other twelve page, hand written letters when I was 14/15.

Love her.
  • Options
    As much as I love my family and am really close to them there are certain things you just can't tell your family right?! My little sister is only 13 but I am starting to talk to her more as we are getting closer the older she gets. I talk to friends most and my godmother is amazing and like a second mum to me
  • Options
    outside of my immediate family.. my cousin. we have the same taste in everything, the same sense of humour. she has cf and has kicked its arse big time undergoing a double lung transplant a few years back. she's amazing
  • Options
    None of them, usually talk to my friends instead.
  • Options
    Inside my family it would usually be my older brother. But further away cousin slagface is my first port of call.
  • Options
    I cont turn to any my famliey :(
    the people I turn to is U lovley people:)
    hope that counts :)