Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hello; my name is Laura

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

Hey; I'm Laura, username Laurel Pond, and I'm 17 years old. I used to be home-schooled, but I started college September just gone, I'm studying Level 2 Music! I play the Alto Saxophone, and I can sort of play the organ. I'm a massive fan of Doctor Who and my favourite band is Mcfly. I have loads of heroes.
I have mental health issues, including hearing voices, depression and anxiety.
I'm new to this, so have no idea whether or not I'm doing this right!
I sponsor a guide dog and I'm a supporter of Mental Health.

It'd be really nice to speak to others, with similar interests or problems. Thanks! :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello :)

Welcome to thesite.
    Welcome! :)

I love doctor who!
    welcome :)
    Thanks for the welcome messages - very much appreciated! :) Yes, I'm a Whovian - have always been since the show started again in 2005! How long have you been a Whovian for butterfly123; and who is your favourite Doctor? :)
    Thanks for the welcome messages - very much appreciated! :) Yes, I'm a Whovian - have always been since the show started again in 2005! How long have you been a Whovian for butterfly123; and who is your favourite Doctor? :)

Ah, not as long as you! I only started watching a few times when David Tenant was the doctor but never missed a show with Matt Smith. So yep, Matt Smith is my all time favourite doctor and I'm gutted he's leaving! But very excited about 'the day of the doctor' episode, looks really good.
    Yes, Matt Smith is my favourite Doctor too. He actually came from the same area as me! Which is exciting to think! :) 'The Day of The Doctor' looks brilliant, I can't wait! Under a week to go! I've seen all the previews (more than a thousand times!) :) I agree, I'm terribly sad about Matt Smith leaving. I'm running out of occasions to celebrate, because Amy and Rory left on my birthday... and The Doctor (Matt Smith) is leaving at Christmas... I need to create a new occasion ;) #SaveTheDay
    Yes, Matt Smith is my favourite Doctor too. He actually came from the same area as me! Which is exciting to think! :) 'The Day of The Doctor' looks brilliant, I can't wait! Under a week to go! I've seen all the previews (more than a thousand times!) :) I agree, I'm terribly sad about Matt Smith leaving. I'm running out of occasions to celebrate, because Amy and Rory left on my birthday... and The Doctor (Matt Smith) is leaving at Christmas... I need to create a new occasion ;) #SaveTheDay

Ooh he came from the same area? That's exciting. I'd love to meet him! I have the 'the day of the doctor' written on my calander in capitals 'cause I'm so weird ;) Aw yeah I was gutted when Amy and Rory left! I'm not too keen on Clara either.. but oh well at least Matt smith is in this new episode!

Can I ask is your last name actually 'pond' or does that tie in with Amy Pond from Doctor Who?
    I'd love to meet Matt Smith! He's my favourite actor (as well as Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill)! :) Ha ha, I have the 50th anniversary on my mobile calender in caps, I'm just so excited!!! Being a Doctor Who fan yourself, I'm sure you can understand my excitement! :D I like Clara, she's only had 5 episodes so far, it will take time to get used to her like it does with a new time-lord. But she's good! :) Yes Matt Smith is in tomorrow's episode, and then.... 1 more left... *tries not to cry!* :(
    You're right, my last name isn't Pond, and it does tie in with Doctor Who. With Amy (Karen) being an inspiration to me, I had to use Pond :)
    Hey Laura

I'm new too. You sound like a good person.
    Just remember that life is good and it's whatever you make of it :D
    x