Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Issues with Phone..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been having trouble with my mobile for a few weeks now,it keeps breaking then unbreaking and so on, But about a week ago it started acting all..Weird and wouldn't sort itself out like it normally does, if im on twitter (some reason the only website it normally does it on). it will closeafter a second, and it just crashes all the time and doesn't allow me to update things I need to.

I think i have insurance! only problem its in my mums name (or dads) and i don't have contact with them anymore..

then yesterday whilst been a tool with myfriend i dropped it and its smashed the screen, now when someone rings me i can't hear a word theys say or on voicemail either i have to put things on loud-speaker...which makes very private calls..Unprivate!..

If i takemy phone in..arethey gonna say "its your fault..for dropping it?" eventhough these problems started before i dropped it..?

Comments

• Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    If there's insurance, I'm pretty sure you can just get a replacement anyways even if it was your fault, I've got a replacement for water damage before
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it depends on the insurance.
    Update:

I ended up loosing my receipt, and I went into the Phones 4U shop and told them I'd broken my phone, but I'd broken it before I dropped it, and then it wasn't working completely. They checked if I had insurance, and then it came back saying I didn't have insurance but I was covered! so they've sent it off for repair and in 2 weeks I should get it back...

This, will be...the longest two weeks of my life D:
    Glad to hear you're covered!

One idea to pass the time... maybe you could write about what it's like to be free of your phone for 2 weeks.. I wonder what you'll miss the most or what will annoy you the most about not having it..? You might even find you get used to it?! :chin:
    *ahem*

Day Two of having no phone.

Today I wanted to go to Asda like I always do at midnight on Saturday. as its Payday! However, the walks a 20 minute walk and i don't fancy walking alone, on my own, without my music for company or someone to ring if i need assistance. College was also lame without a mobile, I couldn't research the legislations on my phone for extra brownie points! since I'd missed a couple of classes i was unable to catch up. Boo. Also made the walk to and from college really boring since i have no music to play, and I miss playing my apps, Having an alarm, and being able to text someone in Crisis situations!

So, I've decided Day Two of the no phone, my current mood is *Bored*
    Stay tuned for the next...13 days ;)
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Glad to hear you're covered!

One idea to pass the time... maybe you could write about what it's like to be free of your phone for 2 weeks.. I wonder what you'll miss the most or what will annoy you the most about not having it..? You might even find you get used to it?! :chin:

Lol, Jo I don't think anybody could get used to not having a phone, we rely so much on technology! :P

I wonder what the world was like before phones hahahaha!
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

I wonder what the world was like before phones hahahaha!

It was a happier time.
    I actually remember getting my first phone, it was a Motorola Am130 with text messaging! I got it as a going to college present.

The world was good in a way, if you wanted to meet someone you planned it in advance and met them at a prearranged time and place. None of this spur of the moment nonsense. If they were late, they were late. Nothing you could do about it.
    Okay I've decided its really awkward not having a phone, as I've needed to make about a Million phone calls this week, Including to my Support worker and Crisis team...
    Awkward much...

Checked the phone repair tracker, says its in the repair shop..
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    That must be frustrating Em.

Do you have the numbers you need to phone? If so, is there another phone you could use until it's repaired? A friend's or even a nearby pay phone?