Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

girlfriend and friends and family problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 8 months and we have been fighting a lot and we have been fighting for the past month or so are last fight was a big serious 1 and my friends and family are now telling me not to go back with her it wasnt really her fault it was mostly mine the fight started but now my friends and family are telling me not to go back with her

I love her and I can of do wanna go back with her again but I dont want to keep fighting

I just cant make up my mind if I sure give it another chance again or to listen to my family and not go back with her again

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well it is ultimately your decision, but if you are fighting for a straight month it does not seem like the kind of issue that will go away or resolve itself. If you think you can mend the situation then go back, but maybe set yourself an ultimatum: If the fighting starts again end it, or something.

Personally I don't think it's worth it (also depends what you are fighting about), but I guess there is not much to lose.
    Hey mclovin69,

I know what that's like and I have just broke up with him after we were together for 3 years. We were always arguing and I gave him chance after chance after chance. Honestly, I would listen to your family. And it's never good if you're partner and family don't get on..

your decision though. good luck.
    The fighting are normally stupid thing but when we fight I just pack my things and leave thinking about it now I dont no why I do it I leave say its over we make up we fight again I get my stuff and leave and say its over

I dont want to keep doing that I love her and I do wanna be with her I dont no why I wanna be with her shes cut up my clothes and wallet my family doesnt lime her cause we're of and on my friends say ifyou wanna go back with go but your always going to be fighting if I do go back with her I know everyone will hate me for it last fight we had I got so angering I punch the wall
    It was the same with my ex. We would argue over stupid things and he'd always threaten to kick me out, or he'd say 'it's over pack your stuff' but I knew he never meant it in the end as he was always doing it.

She shouldn't be cutting up your clothes at all and she shouldn't be making you so angry that you want to punch the wall.

Believe me, your best option is to leave her. I know you don't want to.. people on here told me, when we were together, that I should have left my partner and I didn't listen because I loved him and it got worse. I wish I had listened and I wish it hadn't ended the way it did.

Your friends and family aren't going to hate you at all, they care about you and will be there for you whatever you decide. As are we *hug*
    Thanks

I seriously thinking about what im going to do and to be honest im thinking of goin back with her but if I do go back with her I dont want fights and I want everyone to not fall out with me cause im back with her
    Like I said it's your decision and we will be here for you whatever you decide.

I think deep down you know that there will still be fights... have you ever tried to talk to her about things? And told her you want the fighting to stop?

I like I said, your friends and family clearly care so wouldn't just fall out with you. They're probably just worried.
    No cause everytime we try and talk we end up fighting thats what the last fight was about cause she wanted to talk about it but she didnt tell me cause we end up fighting I just wish we didnt fight and just talked
    Question.. really think about this and answer honestly

Are you happy?
    Well I did go back with her but that only lasted a day not even and she wants to delete girl mates of my facebook cause she says I should only have eyes for her

She thinks im going to be looking at their pictures so she got jealous

Thanks for your help :-)
    I can't understand people who say things like that. I assume it's ok for her to have male friends on Facebook? I used to know someone whose boyfriend is like this - he can have female friends on Facebook; but she can't have male friends.

Are there any positives to this relationship? It doesn't sound like there is.
    It doesnt bother me who she has on her facebook as long as shes not cheating or txting other guys

But I think she seems to think I have my female friends for me to look at there pictures ive told her before im known them in person and ive added them cause they are friends but she says if you dont talk to them on facebook y do I have them on it

The positives are
    I love her
    I love being with her
    When it works its great
    She gorgeous she might not think it but I tell her she is
    Shes fun
    She funny
    She makes me laugh
    Her kids make me laugh
    I love going out with her on nights out
    Shes likes the same stuff as me

But she always has something to moan about its like she trys to find something so she can have a go at me I really do love her just I dont no if its best to try and move on cause she cant deal with me having female friends on my Facebook my friends have told me her trying to delete girls who look nicer than her is jealousy and she is trying to control me
    They're positives about her, they're the reasons you're with her. But is the relationship making you happy, or more unhappy?

I know exactly how you feel. You clearly love her and you want to be with her, and you can't see being without her. But can you see that telling you who you can and can't have as friends is controlling? She should trust you when you say you don't look at other women, but clearly she doesn't trust you and what's a relationship without trust?

Like I said I know how you feel and that being without her seems impossible but one day this relationship will end..

Deep down you must know it's not right.
    I don't know why you do not have a good relationship with your parents, but it may help to talk to them about it. Tell them how you feel and try to work out your differences. I'm sorry, I cannot give much advice about that. :/