Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I don't like it (even though it's socially unacceptable to admit it)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    piccolo wrote: »
    Good luck getting another invite to our house ;)

From the list, I don't like Grease, never seen Seinfeld, and although I do enjoy Bohemian Rhapsody I've never seen Wayne's World.

(Also, sometimes Radio 4 comedy isn't very funny.)

grease the musical :O how can u anyone like that film its ace :D

i dislike
    beef
    pork
    horror films
    JPick wrote: »
    Grease.

Had to perform it as a kid and now can't even look at hair gel or leather jackets without wanting to wretch..!

a little bird told me u dint like hair gel :P grease the film
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Family Guy.

It's just Not Funny :|
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Stand up comedy.
    You get the occasional thing that's funny but most of it seems like a "Look how smart I am" show.
    **helen** wrote: »
    Where do you stand on South Park going into its 17th season?

Haven't seen it for a long time but if the quality has dropped off as it has with the Simpsons (IT USED TO BE SO GOOD) then it should be put to bed as well.
    Stand up comedy.
    You get the occasional thing that's funny but most of it seems like a "Look how smart I am" show.

Agreed. Whilst I find some funny, some really are boring.
    Infinite. wrote: »
    Haven't seen it for a long time but if the quality has dropped off as it has with the Simpsons (IT USED TO BE SO GOOD) then it should be put to bed as well.

I'm yet to see a recent episode of southpark I don't find funny. I'm sure others would disagree, but I think because it focuses around recent political issues it's never going to run out of good material.
    The Big Bang Theory.
    Melian wrote: »
    The Big Bang Theory.

How very dare you
    The Inbetweeners
    Whowhere wrote: »
    How very dare you

lol I just don't understand the hype around it. Looks like every other US sitcom to me.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    omg hi wrote: »
    The Inbetweeners

I will never forgive the writers for introducing the word 'clunge' into peoples' every day vocab. :eek2:
    I will never forgive the writers for introducing the word 'clunge' into peoples' every day vocab. :eek2:

This.
    Stand up comedy.

Oh yes. The whole "I'm quite middle class and dislike the working class" thing has been done to death but in each episode Mock the Week manages to find yet another university-educated comedian using the same gimmick. Miles Jupp, Josh Widdicome, Jack Whitehall, Jimmy Carr, Simon Evans etc etc
    CM Punk wrote: »
    Oh yes. The whole "I'm quite middle class and dislike the working class" thing has been done to death but in each episode Mock the Week manages to find yet another university-educated comedian using the same gimmick. Miles Jupp, Josh Widdicome, Jack Whitehall, Jimmy Carr, Simon Evans etc etc

I agree there's some morphing going on, finding it harder to distinguish comedians on mainstream TV. Who would you recommend?
  • Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    I agree there's some morphing going on, finding it harder to distinguish comedians on mainstream TV. Who would you recommend?
    Greg Davies <3 his stand up is fab

I would recommend not watching mainstream tv comedians :razz:

If you want actual comedian recommendations: Richard Herring, Paul F. Tompkins, Pete Holmes, Kumal Nanjiani & John Hodgeman.

John Hodgeman isn't really a stand up but his one man show Ragnorok is on Netflix. His books are great too.

Nor will I.

I used to love that word AND THE BASTARDS RUINED IT FOR ME.

Speaking of comedians, I don't get the love fest for Stewart Lee and Richard Herring, especially Herring. I used to think being a sanctimonious prick was just his stage act, but it appears that he actually is like that.
    Speaking of comedians, I don't get the love fest for Stewart Lee and Richard Herring, especially Herring. I used to think being a sanctimonious prick was just his stage act, but it appears that he actually is like that.

I can't say that I've ever found his stand up to be sanctimonious. He got quite pompous and preachy during the Hitler Moustache tour but seemed to calm down afterwards.

Stewart Lee is a perfectly adequate stand up comedian ruined by the kind of people that comment on Guardian articles. The kind of person who would say "That's not funny. I much prefer Stewart Lee, more sophisticated". The emperor's new stand up. I enjoyed that his big anti-mainstream show at the fringe was full of people doing stuff that would absolute fit on Michael McIntyre's TV shows, they just aren't quite famous enough.
    Ross Noble and Milton Jones in terms of suggesting comedians. I actually like them.
    Infinite. wrote: »
    Stewart Lee is a perfectly adequate stand up comedian ruined by the kind of people that comment on Guardian articles.

:lol:

Yeah, I'll give you that.
    Pointless Americansims by Brits, such as "cell phone" and saying 'data' as 'darta'.

Oh and America. Or rather, generalised American attitudes that their country is the only one on Earth and Europe is merely a large and expensive shopping centre a few thousand miles away.
    cars
    ricky gervais
    top gear

AR leave my stew alone!! :crying::heart:
    I hate Ricky Gervais. He's a fucking bully.
    Ricky Gervais tries to pretend he's being ironic with his jokes, but he's not, he's just being a prick.

On a totally different subject, what's with the queues outside Five Guys? It's a burger shop. Why are you queuing?
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    On a totally different subject, what's with the queues outside Five Guys? It's a burger shop. Why are you queuing?
    My amazing powers of deduction make me think they want burgers. :p
    My amazing powers of deduction make me think they want burgers. :p

Haha. At least in London I feel like there's a growing tension on the food front - people are becoming more and more extreme in their food tastes. Either raw cow or raw carrots. One or the other.
    Personally, I think most of it is just the hipsters trying to out-hipster each other. As I work right near Upper Street and Silicon Roundabout this would make sense.

I also don't get it. GI'd take a cheap pizza from an electric oven from the Italian restaurant in Muswell Hill over any number of artisan organic wood-fired pizzas at treble the price.

Hipsters, eh? I do like Look Mum No Hands though.
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    I hate Ricky Gervais. He's a fucking bully.

jah. he actually IS david brent. no acting involved
    Fancy dress/Halloween

If you have to dress up and pretend to be someone/something else for the night to have a good time then you have issues...